Why people are getting mad about warlock restriction being lifted?

You are tho that’s why you made a lengthy post about why it shouldn’t be a thing LOL.

Sitting on the forums 24:7 is wild you reply too fast and too often for me. Go outside, I’m boutta go get me a massage.

IDC in 2023 let people play what they want. Open everything as well as throwing murlocs and tuskarr in.

2 Likes

I admit I’m not a lore reader, so forgive the ignorant question. Is there anything in the lore that says they can’t do it, or is it a won’t do it kind of thing? Because if it’s something they originally had no ability to access at all, I can understand why people would be upset. BUT if it’s something they don’t do because it’s a cultural/religious thing, having individuals that delve into it isn’t too hard to accept.

Not directed at you. I know you want to think you’re that important, but you aren’t.

Go hit the gym Cbum.

We’re not “mad”

We’re concerned with the lore not being respected and not being appropriately delivered to explain why Draenei, or more aptly, LFDs, would embrace the same magics that almost destroyed their entire race.

ESPECIALLY the LFDs.

2 Likes

Blizzard has been disrespecting the lore the last 4 expacs, it’s their lore to do as they please with it. If you don’t like it leave, just as if they were to “ disrespect” something I enjoyed in the game I’d simply just quit.

You people looking for lore caring devs r not going to find it here, FFXIV more your style or SWTOR.

1 Like

It’s faster to just to do the Lightforged recruit quest. It explains the process pretty well and the Lightforged mention that it’s not weakness to decide not to do the trial as dying is a high possibility. Only the best are selected and even they can be found wanting. As being Lightforged leaves the individual changed a great deal, if they survive.

To be a Lightforged is to purge all doubts and personal weaknesses, so one can fully dedicate themselves to being Lightforged and survive their Reforging.

A Lightforged wouldn’t question being a Lightforged. It’s what they chose and have been remade to be.

That’s why Lightforged Warlocks shouldn’t just be a flip switch. It should be given a good story to justify it and respect what it means to be Lightforged.

1 Like

It’s to late anyway it’s happening whether you like it or not. Nothing none of us can do anyway

Thought I told you to go hit the gym Cbum.

Best we can do is push for Blizzard to try harder on the writing.

They ain’t gonna listen they done stated they are making a game they want to play. There’s no old people left but ion and Chris whatever he is supposed to be doing and ion could care less about lore.

I mean consuming fel turned Blood Elves and I think Nightborne skin red. And Man’ari skin red and light grey.

Nightborne were never exposed to fel , and as for Belfs it was the proxcimity to fel crystals used as a way to power things that changed their eye color to green .

Now the only Belf I know that has had a major physical chane to them due to fel would be Kael’thas in the Magister’s Terrace ,when he had the big green Felfinity stone indedded in his chest

1. The Blood Elves never consumed Fel. They powered there city with demonic energies, but the radiation that it was given off, change the blood elves eyes to Green.
  2. It never changed the Blood Elves skin colours.
1 Like

Because it doesn’t really make sense for Draenei or Mag’har, given their specific histories, and it really doesn’t make sense for Lightforged Draenei, who’s whole shtick is not doing that.

If they were to add short story about how some Man’ari once again reclaimed their free will after being made to serve sargeras and wanted to rejoin the draenei, and they got special man’ari customizations with it, that would be fine.

Or if the skins they were adding to demons offered a lightforged demon option by default for Draenei and Lightforged, it would also be fine.

As for Mag’har, fel magic and being around warlocks was literally what turned the Orcs green in the first place, and it didn’t take that long. If the skins they were adding for demons offered more voidy pet customizations by default for Mag’har, it would make more sense as a Shadowmoon thing.

2 Likes

Well, the problem with “warlock = green” is explain how warriors, rogues and hunters turned green too.

To me that says it wasn’t just being that class that turned their skin.

I mean, some do argue that some of the darker skin tones available to Blood Elves (Not the brown-dark, but dark dark), were due to fel exposure.

But regardless, it did not affect the orcs and blood elves in the same way. Orc skin turns red or green. Alternate draenor orcs appearantly turn black from drinking blood, according to that Warlords of Draenor cutscene with Killrogg, whereas main universe orcs turn red upon drinking demon blood. But Blood Elves skin turn dark, very dark.

It is very messy.

Some would argue, but there is no lore to actually back it up.

Other than it happening in game.
As mentioned, Blood Elves drinking blood had their skin turn very dark.

High Elves present in story was never shown with some of the darker skin tones that Blood Elves had available, despite using the exact same models and otherwise customizations.

But you are correct, there is no black-on-white writing here.