Why not limit premades to 5 man groups?

Yet it failed. People still premaded.

Goes to show you that they really weren’t trying to pug av

Solo Q’ing puts you into a group with other people as well. Just because you Q solo, doesn’t mean you play solo.

It didn’t fail. You can’t premade AV at all even by counting down. At least in classic. They scrambled the queues so it was impossible.

You can in classic. Not other xpacs.

They are premading av on era as we speak

Yeah I suppose this would be the next idea to push…I’ll look more into it and maybe start a new thread eventually, this one has gotten too frayed.

Someone said that this system was already in place to some extent but that can’t be true. Something like it was in place in TBC Classic at least, I think.

But I can’t imagine why anyone would have a problem with broadly making the system try to match any group that is 5+ into other premades so long as it doesn’t horribly affect queue times.

1 Like

My experience was different, we won a lot more when they made that change. Made it harder to premade. Regardless, my point is Blizzard made that change very early on in classic in 2019, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

If they are premading in era that means only 1-2 AV’s are going. The system actively tries to scramble you, at least that’s what it did in the first version of Classic.

There are regularly 10+ goong.

So now what

Then era does not use the same ruleset as classic did for scrambling AV games to prevent premading.

Again this is SOD and there should be solo queues.

You don’t need the game number at all to premade av

It wasn’t a game number thing that was restricting it.
If you didn’t premade AV in classic you don’t know what you’re talking about. Blizzard put in a scrambler so you couldn’t sync queue either.

I got the fix.

Have a player ranking system based on how many wins you have vs losses

Higher ranking more honor/rep rewards you get (ontop of the normal)

When you que as a team it averages everyones rank in the grp que and looks for a match.

The pros rise to the awesome pinnacle of pvp

and the people who are bad can play against eachother and everyone feels like they got a shot.

Instead of most people quitting bc its 60-85% premade stomping.

A bunch of people not even wearing full greens and whites shouldnt be playing people in epics and raid blues.

1 Like

You can premade on era rigut now.

You don’t need the game number.

You will never, ever prevent premade AV on the low q faction.

And that’s beside the point.

It just goes to show you people don’t even want to pug the pug bg. People crying about solo q want to be carried and not face adversity.

This is my experience

Somehow I feel like we’re going to need a simpler solution than full blown matchmaking if the devs are actually going to do it, but who knows.

Alliance was the low q faction in classic. I’m not going to argue this point after this. Blizzard, IN CLASSIC NOT ERA, put in a AV scrambler. It would filter people into random AVs and hold some people in queue longer and shorter at random so even the low queue faction could not premade.

This is also an interesting idea

They were still premading tho Lmao. It just wasn’t as fail proof.

All you needed was bodies on discord. They’ll scramble to your separate channel

Wsg became a better farm then av that’s why it stopped

They were not premading, we spent a month trying to get it to work it would not work.
I was in in every single AV discord. Rankers/etc.

Av players were getting outfarm by wsg players so av was no longer good. So your discords lost bodies

That’s beside the point. You being an AV ranker makes perfect sense why you’re whining about wsg

AV premade would have been meta if there was a work around. There is no better HPH than AV even during offweeks. It died simply because blizzard hotfixed it not once but three times so it was completely broken.

Every single alliance player AV ranked because the caps were over a million even on dead realms. Everyone switched to the next best thing which was WSG premades.

People will go the easiest route to ranking which is why premades exist in the first place.