Why not just play retail at this point?

That was a retcon, they wanted a pretty race for horde, as stated by Chris Metzen.

6 Likes

Tbh only vanilla really feels like a different game. From TBC the gameplay loop remains the same through to retail, just retail has more pillars beyond just raiding and arena now.

2 Likes

No, I cannot wait to play Shadowlands Classic I’m so excited!

Then era servers and SoD are there for you.

1 Like

It is different, but it isnt retail.

Yes, you can go to any era you want to play in retail, but its still using retail systems.

cata is closer to wrath than vanilla is

4 Likes

Saw this coming… This is exactly what the devs want. This gets you ready to play TWW…

It’s retail light. Once you get a taste of the changes they hope you will enjoy retail better. Most of the classic players have jumped to SoD and the classic tourists have gone to Cata.

Of course some of us will get to enjoy both. Maybe even all three!

2 Likes

I support your decision.
Retail ------------------------------------------------->

2 Likes

Only H+ is a content change and it’s inherited from LKC, like most things on this list.

Crazy how content is not actually a concern for you, and all the frivolous is.

You’re not even playing, so why do you care so much.

5 Likes

literally no you couldn’t. retail is so far beyond removed from Cata that they are completely separate games still. but i guess all you think retail is is the remade azeroth map right?

go ahead, go make a character on retail and see for yourself how different the game is.

2 Likes

Because they are playing. They just like to pretend they are not and thinks it is clever and cool to no-life troll the forums.

3 Likes

Like have a chat with Chromie and choose to enter “The Burning Crusade” in Chromie Time?

Maybe you enjoy 1-shotting everything that’s always “scaled to your level”.
Or maybe 2-shotting the occasional “Elites”.
And then being suddenly 1-shotted yourself by the unexpected :skull: NPC that aggros from miles away due to level difference.

But personally I enjoy more substantive gameplay.

Idk I think Cata feels more classic than it does retail. I’d say mop is when I really got to be close to what retail is now.

But ur right cata was the tip

For me, Lichking is already too easy and far too much of an instance sport.

Classic had the best feeling, but the classes weren’t quite as fun and finished yet.

I have the best class feeling in BC.

Please merge BC with Classic at level 60, expand and finalize the classes like in BC and make the whole game harder again like in Classic, slow it down and rebuild it more so that you play more in the world and don’t have such an instance war.

The players and the classes should also need to level up and cover more of the class roles. If you’re going to have a quest system, make it so that you get people to play together more, simply by making it harder to solo because the quests are more dangerous.

Getting through and joining the instance wars has never been the goal of an MMORPG.

Let the items come more via professions and in the inis there will be transmog stuff instead of items.

4 Likes

And despite the Legion quests, there’s absolutely no way to properly experience Legion due to everything related to the artifact weapons being shredded to basic generic weapon scaling. Artifact “upgrades” are now merely pieces of 25gp junk.

1 Like

And others are free to disagree with your opinion.
News flash: that’s their opinion.

because Cata was still under a lot of good blizzard time… Post MoP is when things fell off.

• Vanilla is worn out
  • SoD is Retail, I dont like doing circles all day long for levels, thats some really soy boy inspired stuff there… and next phase they will likely double down with incursions that someone will find a exploit with because blizzard aint testing anything… just throwing it out.
  • Retail is terrible

That’s not the title of your topic.

1 Like

I don’t think Retail is terrible, it’s a alot of fun. You should try the Panda remix

I’ve heard about this but don’t even know what it is – I will admit, I’ve not been inspired to look it up as DF was a big turn off for me.

1 Like