Why nerfing the experience gained from Timewalkings ? Shadowlands leveling is NOT FUN

I’m hoping this was a band-aid/panic nerf until the time can be taken to more thoughtfully readjust the XP values (since WoD came and went with it being not absolutely bananas but still very good for leveling, plus when TW XP first became lucrative it was all over the place and no hotfix then, either), but I doubt it with the ongoing nightmare fiesta the company is probably having internally rn.

As for talking about the leveling process as a whole, there really does need to be a normalization on the numbers in the 10-50 bracket, Draenor is very good as are a few odd non-Draenor zones like Silverpine, the Jade Forest, and Val’sharah, but the majority is indeed about as slow as frozen molasses. I don’t recall a single time I even touched BfA or Wrath content since the squish. IMO buffing, let’s say, everything not on AAP’s speedrun route to a sufficient degree and then bringing everything that is on it to be more in-line with the buffed zones would make leveling a much more diverse and enjoyable time.

As for SL leveling I couldn’t agree more, it’s dismal to do on alts no matter if you’re doing threads, dungeon spam, or, due to a bout of insanity and/or clinical self-loathing, replaying the storyline. None of these three are engaging, fun, or fast- it’s all just a mind-numbing slog through the same old stuff you’ve been grinding at or have already gotten through on your main for the past half-year already. The XP yields really need to be buffed here or we need a true alt-catch-up route that doesn’t wind up being an equal waste of time (if not even greater) than just replaying the storyline again like Threads of Fate is. The fact that Timewalking being a fast track to 50-60 was even newsworthy shows how much of a drag the intended experience is.

1 Like

You’re whining about other people who play the game like a second and third job having their “hard work” “cheapened” when other people get to have fun they don’t deserve.

Play your character. Level up since the hard work is so much fun to you.

1 Like

Everyone deserves fun!

It’s called equal opportunity, equal outcome!

Yep, and it’s another example of the ongoing problem with the current dev team of “you’re not playing the game AS INTENDED BY US, therefore you are playing it wrong and an emergency fix is needed.”

They’re designing the game with all the passion of helicopter parents these days.

3 Likes

Because that’s not how this game is designed.

In case you haven’t noticed, this game is about limiting, punishing, and restricting players.

3 Likes

Timewalking was fun and worth doing for a day.
Good thing they put a stop to that.

2 Likes

Sure. “Every hour of sweat, tears, blood, and hard work of mine in the past two decades has been invalidated because somebody’s alt got 3 levels in an hour.”

5 Likes

Maybe YOU don’t feel like that, but there are many who do!

Actually no. People who jealously guard silly stuff like you do are actually a tiny minority. Does it break your heart any time anyone else is even permitted to log in, since they don’t deserve to access the same pixels you do?

3 Likes

Well I’m sorry you feel that way!

I took the time to look up a leveling guide to help you out since you seem to be having trouble!

Yep. Umm, blizzard…we are playing. Just, you know, not in SL when we don’t have to.

Maybe if it was more fun to be there we’d be there more. Running necrotic wake is so anti climactic its not fun in leveling.

The damned smurfs take all our hard work and crap on it.

Really…you all let arthanduin walk up to your leader to shank her?

Yep.

Why?

He’s a king.

Umm…do you even do monarchies up here? Are you one of his peasants? Do you have trade negotiations with him so you have to kiss his butt?

Well now that you mention…no. Why did we go omg, its a king? That title AND 5 gold would buy a cup of coffee in oribos. Title optional, gold actually buys the coffee.

Cause fun is prohibited here. No ones allowed to have fun unless it’s micro managed by blizz and exactly how blizz wants it.

Honestly it just feels like blizzard is trying to sink there own ship fast. Like it’s not out of question that people at blizz are so stressed on there job they just want to sink the ship and be relieved when they get fired to go on to something they are passionate about.

They dont like working for WoW and the passion is dead. They just trying to get us to quit but some of y’all are too damn stubborn.

1 Like

blizzard ‘fixed’ it the same way they fixed timewalking last expansion to slow down every dungeon by making timewalking mobs health sponges. 8 minute dungeons are now 15-20 minute dungeons and give only a fraction of XP they used to give.

2 Likes

The only hard work you would know about this by your constant gimmick posting and trolling as much as you can. Please do you, me and everyone else a favor and just shut up.

6 Likes

Well aren’t you just a bucket of sunshine on a warm summer day!

it doesnt make the leveling zones any less trash

4 Likes

If you feel that somebody’s alt getting 3 levels in an hour has invalidated all your hard work, you are the one who is having trouble.

7 Likes

There are still plenty of ways to gain XP! There are many guides out there that are fantastic at outlining efficient leveling!

Well that’s unfortunate that you feel that way, maybe try unlocking flying and get a fresh perspective!

I agree on the punishing players part as it seems everytime player express dislike of a certain system each expansions it is almost like they are like “well if you didn’t like that system buckle up because her comes a more tedious and painful grind to make you feel last expansion’s grind wasn’t so bad” Blizzard needs to get their stuff together and start listening to the player base again more than as a means to punish us for not liking something.

3 Likes