Why nerfing the experience gained from Timewalkings ? Shadowlands leveling is NOT FUN

I think everyone beside people that are totally into leveling agrees that Shadowlands leveling is the most boring since Vanilla.

First off I think Chromie Timeline is a scuffed design. I had my route that I loved doing before Chromie and I was going in all zones and expansions, now I’m forced to level only in 1 zone all the way otherwise I have to do the introduction questline to each and every expansions I want to go in. The only reason Chromie Timeline is fun is to farm old mounts that you could normally not farm in normal timeline.

Second thing, Shadowlands 50(48)-60. This should NOT take the same time as it takes to level from 1 to 50. Leveling from 1 to 50 for fast levelers is about 10-12 hours, why does it take 10-12 hours to level 50 to 60 ? It’s worst then BFA leveling 110-120.

The problem with leveling is that you have a choice to make when hitting level 10. Either you have fun leveling, but take 20 hours + to level from 10 to 50, or you have no fun whatsoever but you level in 10-12 hours in a single zone being Draenor as it’s the fastest atm. And then once you hit 48 or 50 you have a second choice to make, do I have fun and level through random zones using Treads of Fate or do I not have fun and level as fast as possible to hit the end-content doing the same boring route over and over being Side-quest from Bastion and then Ardenweald.

Now for once, players were happy to level, 1 and a half dungeon per level, finaly taking maybe 2-3 hours to level from 50 to 60. For ONCE we have FUN, and AGAIN it’s taken down. Now 30% of a level from 1 timewalking, down to 20% when you get up to level 59. Can you ( Blizzard ) understand that leveling is NOT FUN and requires either a rethinking of it, or a 100% experience buff once again. I think that 100% experience buff was the greatest.

Last thing, heirloom. Why[period.]
You get more rested experience, meaning not only do you have to wait for DAYS to play a character to have some kind of experience bonus, but it’s not even applicable into Shadowlands. Nice job, once again.

Why can’t we ever have something fun man.

70 Likes

If you haven’t noticed, Blizzard has been beclowning themselves to the circus on the edge of town lately.

27 Likes

Timewalking

• Fixed an issue where an incorrect amount of experience was being awarded when completing a Timewalking dungeon.

More like

Timewalking

• Fixed an issue where players where having fun leveling.

Blizzard not helping their cause, great job lol

35 Likes

I’m trying not to laugh because I spend more time in older expansion than SL at this point (and even that amount of time is slowly dropping). This is just priceless because it’s so Blizzard and time played that’s funny.

:cookie:

10 Likes

Timewalking was almost useful for something this expansion. For a brief slip in time.

16 Likes

Leveling in Shadowlands is just boring, repetitive, and unfun. And Chromie Timeline makes it worst.

10 Likes

Makes me glad when I read the Icy Veins article I logged in straight away to level my shaman alt. The only other way Blizzard is going to get me to actively level is by introducing Torghast leveling without making it a slog like leveling through the story quests.

1 Like

What literally makes me sad is that I know nobody at Blizzard ( that actively still works atm ) will ever listen to us. They don’t play, they don’t care. And that’s a shame.

Play from 50 to 60 when you know you have to do it in my case 16 other times and you can realize that it’s a bad system when almost a year into it I still have not leveled more then 4 char to 60.

10 Likes

They have their agenda. Any changes they make to placate the “consumers” who pay them money are superficial or temporary. You didn’t think they were really going to keep ksm account-wide, did you?

2 Likes

Because you shouldn’t be able to hit lvl 60 in less then 3 hours by spamming TW. There’s a reason they stopped boosting altogether with the XP penalty.

3 Likes

Because people were having fun, and that had to be stopped. (Though it was clearly not intended, they couldn’t have bungled this fix worse if they did it intentionally to piss people off.)

The only reason to play the game is to be able to smugly assert your superiority over those who are playing it wrong. Do I have that right?

12 Likes

its absolutely amazing how a company whos reputation is in the dumpster keeps nerfing stuff people find fun how incredibly stupid are the people who nerfed this they should be fired

14 Likes

“Fun”, or leveling a char from 50-60 in exploit-levels of time by running 5 dungeons. lol

4 Likes

Took the most hardcore leveler 165 hours just to get all classes to 60. If you do a time breakdown on how much time you can afford to put into leveling toons. I’m sure you’re looking at a couple months of free time if that’s all you did. Especially if you bother to keep up with your main toon, which alone can take you 10+ hours a week with raiding, mythic+, weeklies, and the dailies that you need.

this change angers me as shadowlands is boring to level. i would rather have chromie time to 60 than level in shadowlands. it was fun leveling in tbc timewalking and making it actually feel like my time was meaningful. very disappointing blizzard. no wonder people are leaving this game.

15 Likes

Why you want to whine and cheat? I’d say leveling in wod was the only good thing ever. Least shadowlands is new and not the 1000th time I went thru something btw you got flying it’s even easier stop wanting free stuff.

Blizzard and this xpac are nothing more than clown fiestas.

7 Likes

imagine enjoying an expansion in chromie time and get pushed into shadowlands automatically and locked out of that expansions dungeons before you knew freezing at 49 was a thing.

unfortunate.

2 Likes

It’s your fault you hate it but play it.

I cannot believe Blizzard at this point lmao. So timewalking experience is what they act on with agility.

I can’t lie, sometimes I feel like I should quit because of stuff like this. Off principle.

9 Likes