Why nerfing the experience gained from Timewalkings ? Shadowlands leveling is NOT FUN

Its all about the money and looking good for for shareholders. The more time you spend doing arbitrary things such as leveling the better for their wallets. Fun and not time consuming things equals less money for actiblizz sorry man. I would quit if I were you, send them a message by hurting their bottom line.

1 Like

You know what I was thinking about this the other day. ‘Back in the day’ I more or less had a route I followed from Vanilla zones up to MoP. I could have chosen to do other zones but I had a route I liked and it was cool.

I got to see (some of) each xpacs dungeons because the LFD adjusted depending on what level I was at. But now, I don’t get that anymore. All I see now are vanilla dungeons because I always do Cata Chromie Time. So no more Wrath dungeons, no more BC dungeons, no more MoP dungeons, no more WoD dungeons, no Legion dungeons, no BFA dungeons, vanilla dungeons until 50 :ok_hand:

It’s cool because I level quick but it sucks not seeing any of the other xpacs anymore and yeah I know ‘You can go where you want’ but then I’m sacrificing speed for ‘muh feels’ and that is absolutely a me problem.

So I am with you in that

I will miss seeing the rest of the game :sob:

1 Like

Here’s the thing, I would play more if I had more 60s to gear up, run M+, run raids, etc. with. But leveling 51-60 in ToF again? No thanks. Heck I can barely stand the 30+ minutes it takes to go through the maw (with all the stupid time gating RP). As I said in another thread, they couldn’t be more disconnected from their player base or how people play the game.

3 Likes

I don’t think so. The gametime is the same or less if players end up deciding not to level their alts. I think they’re still stuck in the loop where they’re trying to show us who’s in charge.

I recently did frostfire ridge on a lowbie, which I haven’t done for quite a while. And thinking back, it’s amazing how many characters I put through leveling in every expansion before they decided to force level scaling in and removed all sense of progression. And I enjoyed it. Now? A character parks next to chromie and chooses what expansion’s dungeons they’d like to do today.

when did it get nerfed?

Welp, it’s not my name that will be forever etched into the credits of the game as being the designer :laughing: Eternal embarrassment :weary:

Hour ago? Maybe? I dunno, not too long ago

1 Like

well i saw that on forrum before i slept. now im sad i missed it. i dont’ want to go over shadowlands boring campaign again on my alt

Had to have been something like that. I was leveling an orc DK tank right before I went to go make dinner. When we came back into the office to play - BOOM - nerfed.

Like Blizz, stop yer shiz.

Blizzard please do not nerf the XP, revert the hotfix and let us level through timewalking. My lord, you really just burn everything that is good and green. Do you hate us? Why? Please let us have fun doing this…

4 Likes

Please, anything to not step foot into SL content at all.

5 Likes

So you would cheapen the hard work everyone else put into leveling?

Levelling has always been fun for me since I started playing ten years ago.

The levelling “story” quests in both Shadowlands and BfA are, however, mind-numbingly cut-and-paste sleep-inducingly dull and grindy.

15 of these, 25 of those, 10 of these and 30 of those, 12 of these and 18 of those, kill mini-boss, go back to start of quest pyramid. Rinse and repeat for ten long levels. Give minimal gear rewards, though since it’s all scaled so you never feel more powerful, there’s no POINT in gear rewards any more.

I’ve levelled a total of ONE character - this one - through questing in Shadowlands. The rest are being Threads-of-Fated slowwwwwwly.

Compare that to every expansion up to and including Legion, where it was fun and rewarding to level a dozen alts or more.

5 Likes

I don’t enjoy leveling, I enjoy end-content. I enjoy farming mounts or farming transmog as well. As they freaked the scaling because they can never make a system right, I need max levels, ( even then I can’t solo Legion content with a fresh 60 gratz blizzard once again ) but it’s so boring for me to level that when it takes 12 hours to get 10 levels is the worst thing. I don’t even know why it’s a system in the game. Make it 3-4 hours and people who like leveling just gotta level alts idk like do something

1 Like

Because they want dungeon levelers spamming current content dungeons, instead of tw’s I guess lol.

1 Like

And other problem, there’s 4 dungeons, and you need at least like 30 dungeons to get max level. Find the problem.

Looking at level 10 vulpera dk that hasn’t been played yet, but is whining about his “hard work” being “cheapened”.

If the game is a job to you, you’re doing entertainment wrong.

2 Likes

Funny part is you get time walk dungeons like once a month. I mean yeah, if they were up constantly, I could see them nerfing the xp some, but like I said it’s up like once in a month, then why not throw players a bone, and let tw dungeons give some extra xp, than what you would get from regular current content dungeons. Or put xp back on looms.

5 Likes

I fail to see any resemblance of a point in your response