Why Need To Remake Legendary on 9.1?

What about people that planned on upgrading their current R4 using only cinders they get from weekly Korthia content and didn’t plan on going back in Torghast at all, but now have to go back in for another 5k soul ash?

R4 to R5, R5 to R6, or R4 to R6 only needs Soul Cinders… no soul ashes.

What drops Soul Cinders? I know Torghast will. But I dont know where else it would drop. I think it could be reward from Dailies, and/or Table Missions.

You could characterize this as accidental. My feeling is that it is design intent.

The reason players need to do this is because on implementation real content will be, again, very limited. Instead 9.1 gives players nontent like “recraft all your legendaries”, “do twice as many of the same dungeons for no more reward”, “do the same dungeons but a little harder”.

Right, but what I’m saying is what if someone has a R4, and they plan to upgrade it to R5 and R6 only using cinders from Korthia and not going back into torghast at all. But now they need to recraft their legendary cause of the domination gear. So now they have to go back in torghast for the 5k ash again when they didn’t plan on going in torghast anymore.

9.1 would have a new Torghast that will reward people even if they fail on the last boss.

9.1 would have floor 9, 10, 11 and 12 on Torghast. And the new gameplay would also unlocks new stuffs for those who are good enough.

Mythic+ would have new M+10 affix. No more Pride.

There would be a new megadungeon, Tazavesh… new bosses. And I expect new HARDMODES.

Gearing now includes Domination Sockets… 5 sockets with bonuses.

Also, new legendaries and powers.

Then a New Raid. Sylvanas would be killed. And I would have her bow… Hunter’s NEW TOY.

It’s not the same. It’s MORE FUN.

It would be the same to you if you are not competitive. I am sorry…

But I think there would still be LFR and Normal Raids. Tazavesh is just Mythic 0 although harder. And you dont even need to worry about hardmode. When you get to ilevel 230 on 9.1 becoz of World Quest rewards, Torghast floor 1 to 8 would be okay to you… not hard.

Nice troll lol

That’s not how it works lol

Basically Torghast is Spams new flavor of this expansion.

You basically have to spam it and keep spamming it and spam it more and more till your brain is spam itself.

Unless something has changed its not going to be as easy as some are saying here to simply swap slots when going from Rank 4 to 5. This is the current requirement for Ranks 1-4: “A new Base Item of the same type as your Legendary and at the Rank that you want to upgrade to.”
If that still holds true then wont you still need at least a Rank 1 base item crafted into a Rank 1 leggo, for a slot change, in order to turn it into a Rank 5/6 or will you be able to make a Rank 5 straight away w/o having this requirement?

Keep in mind that can’t just speed run anymore, if your goal is to qualify for higher layers, and/or access the Adamant Vaults. It’ll be a combination of full clear + speed. Just make sure your group knows this, so you don’t waste everyone’s time.

That’s what we do in Vanilla and Classic. Spam it and spam it even if we are already raid geared. Yeah we will faceroll Torghast floor 1 to 8 when we get ilevel 230 just from World Quests in 9.1.

My group will be ready when I make my own Torghast group.

You can keep using the same 9.0 legendaries, however if you raid they MAY eventually fall in a slot with new domination slots, so they are forewarning you that it will save you time later to move the legendary to a different slot.

Because you made your “meaningful choice” wrong

Fair point. It’ll take ya 8/11 weeks to get R5/6 like that. But nevertheless, point taken

From Wowhead:

How Long Will It Take to Upgrade Legendaries in Patch 9.1?

You’ll be able to earn 360 Soul Cinders every week from Torghast, 50 Soul Cinders every week from Tormentors of Torghast event, and 100 Soul Cinders every week from the Bi-weekly assaults, for a total of 510 Soul Cinders per week.

Thus it’ll still take:
1 week to upgrade to a Rank 5 Legendary
4 weeks to upgrade to a Rank 6 Legendary

With the current tuning, every 4 weeks (~3.24 weeks of currency), you’ll get another max Item Level legendary in Patch 9.1. The change in this build from 500 to 400 Soul Cinders for a Rank 5 Legendary only makes it so that getting a Rank 5 legendary is cheaper, but going for Rank 4 to Rank 6 takes just as long.

If you dont plan to do highend stuff on 9.1, you wont need R6. R5 is cheap.

You’ll be able to craft a rank 5 starlight away just like you can with ranks 2, 3, and 4

They didn’t, just made a ‘‘new legendary gives a socket’’ fix.
You still have to regrind it.
Hence zero hook/carrot on torghast and they have little faith in it to show ‘participation’.

I’m not saying there’s nothing new. But bloating up players’ time by putting in “new features” like “do more of the same” and “repeat what you did before, only slightly differently” are not new content. They are nontent intended to bloat players’ time and sell more tokens.

And how about that new mega dungeon? I’m not opposed to it in any way, but somehow the PR piece our favorite pro-blizz forum troll telling us that “every player” would be able to solo Legion mythic dungeons “in 9.1” after getting fully equipped with that gear is less than meets the eye, given that the lockout and low drop rate mean it will take months to reach that point.

That’s what you call grinds which is inherent to all MMOs. This is not a Single Player game that you would beat in a week or few weeks. MMO is meant to be played forever.

However, modern WoW from Legion to Shadowlands are kinda soft on grinds which is good for Casual players. But for hardcore no life people, I am sure grinds is nothing to them. They even want no time-gates so that they could play 24/7. They could get Renown 40 in 1 week with nothing to do for the rest of the weeks. But that’s not how Blizz wants it to be played.

You started a thread complaining about one of these nontent features, having to remake something you made before. No different from having to repeat ksm every season and then having to do twice as many dungeons in order to get no more reward. What will be added to ksm in 9.2? Probably more of the same.

Curious that you’re defending these nontent features when you started this thread to ask “Why?”