Why Need To Remake Legendary on 9.1?

Acti-Blizz has to answer this.

We have already made some Legendaries on 9.1. These are hard to make as it needs soul ashes and expensive base items especially the ilevel 235s. Remaking them is painful.

If I would only need one legendary for the whole 9.1 patch, it seems okay. It would be painful if I would use more than 1 legendary.

Why not just give us free domination socket for the main legendary we made in 9.0?

I am okay now doing Torghast when I realized that it is way easier and faster to do it when in group. If I would just make one legendary, it would be cake. My concern is when I decided to use more than one legendary.

I dont switch roles but I could switch specs. Switching specs means I have to create new legendaries for it.

4 Likes

Why can’t i keep using any of the legendaries from last expansions? Why do i have to upgrade my gear?

3 Likes

Because the person that designed the Legendary system wasn’t the person that designed the new domination socket system. So they just put teh system our without realizing it clashes with another system entirely.

This is Blizzard in a nutshell. Systemcraft ruining the game. I’m sick of it.

10 Likes

Blizzard we want you to let us REFUND OUR LEGENDARIES for 9.1. Since you are making us RECRAFT them anyway.

6 Likes

I got my answer from a different thread. Remake Legendary means Upgrading it and making a new one on a differing slot which is just part of the upgrade. Nothing is lost. Our old legendaries will not be wasted. It would just be upgraded but on a differing slot.

No, they are lost. You can’t “upgrade” your shoulder legendary to a pants legendary, you have to craft a new legendary using the same power but with different base item, 5150 more soul ash, missive etc.

1 Like

BlizZard defenders working over drive.

If you have to remake a legendary you are not upgrading.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

7 Likes

The problem is not upgrading gear/legendaries, because gear upgrades has always been expected. The problem is remaking them from scratch because of a new system. I don’t get why people defend blizzard on this subject

4 Likes

I am baffled as well to be honest.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

A smart decision wouldve been to have bosses drop a “gem socket applicator” that would allow you to apply a domination gem socket to ANY piece of gear except leggos instead of what they did do.

2 Likes

Let’s use your toon as an example.

You have a Chest Legendary which you want to be put on a different slot on 9.1. You will just upgrade it on 9.1. Use your existing Chest Legendary, get a new high ilevel base item on “BACK” slot, and 2x Missives and upgrade it… Now you would have an upgraded Cloak Legendary on 9.1.

1 Like

Because they want you to , it will help improve their participation metrics :rofl:

Then you won’t be regrinding your legendary and getting the new soul trash to upgrade them in the next few coming months . You also won’t be driving the token sales as high tier crafted gear are expensive . So happy Grinding :+1:

Welcome to MMO. It’s a game of grind since Vanilla.

Yup, soul ashes is a grind. And grinding soul ashes means playing Torghast. I hate Torghast before when I made my first Legendary becoz it took time. Once I got ilevel 235 legendary, I didnt visit Torghast for weeks/months.

But after gearing up, I tried to rerun Torghast again. It was faster but it’s still kinda slow… all becoz I was doing it solo. Lately, I tried group on Torghast. Dang, it’s TOO FAST. It’s like I ran an M+5 with me on M+15 gear level. It’s Easy and Fast. And realized how fun it is when you see bad groups being bombarded as I just feign death… LOL. Try Torghast on Group. You wont feel it’s a grind. I felt bad when I completed 1140 ashes last night becoz I want to play more. It’s just I cant find a Twisting Corridors group.

But that’s not upgrading that’s replacing.

• I move from chest to back — replace.
  • I go from r4 chest to r6 chest — upgrade.

Also I move from chest to back, I lose stat budget stamina/agility.

Becoz you switch Legendaries. You want to use a Legendary differing to the Powers of your existing Chest. Of course, you are making a new one and it would cost you.

And if you just upgrade your Chest same powers to Cloak, you just upgrade it.

Imo, they should let us transform them. The only cost being the new base item. Maybe a small amount of soul ash.

Making a fresh rank 5 lego will cost the exact same materials, gold, time, and effort as upgrading an existing rank 4. How this is still not getting through to you guys is…just sad at this point

1 Like

Probably because most people don’t like Snoreghast and don’t want to rerun it however many times. Honestly not a hard thing to understand.

2 Likes

And it transforms automatically when we upgrade it into a differing slot. I dont want to waste soul ashes to the same ilevel. I would use ashes to make higher ilevel but on a different slot.

1 Like

You’d have to do that if you want to upgrade your existing legos anyways though