Why must they gate literally everything?

I know, I’ll also never have Gladiator mounts or Elite pvp gear but much as I can :slight_smile:

The point being, I have an endless amount of content to do.

And all you’re gonna do is keep slamming your face into wall after wall.
And you being bored is certainly not the developers fault.
Raids aren’t coming out in the first week.
I got a crap ton of stuff to do.

Because it is.

Because it doesn’t bother me and you are over reacting, Veruca.

You left out the part where you burst into song and stomp your feet…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

u reminded me of another pet peeve…they need to stop removing content

It took me about 40 hours to reach the gatekeeping point. If I put 40 hours into a character for a week I would consider that fine. At that point it is on to alt number 1.

If anything the gatekeeping might be the most alt friendly part of the whole ordeal.

Even being alt friendly fails miserably. No skip for the maw? That is literally the first thing a player would request.

I agree, I’m not fond of FOMO

and

I asked

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/can-you-tell-us-whats-being-removed-when-sl-ends-now/730266

So when they inevitably say “You won’t be able to get the Torghast mount after SL is over” or whatever thing they decide to remove I’ll be disgruntled at the late notice when I’m sure they already know what they are removing.

It just puts pressure on people to sub. They keep resorting to high pressure tactics. For example, a lot of the gatekeeping and exclusivity of the content is designed to incentivize you to buy a carry with g from buying tokens. The game is slowly becoming a disgusting cashgrab. Activision has fleeced Blizzard. It’s sad. They do this with every franchise they get their grubby paws on.

1 Like

Honestly I just want a skip for getting INTO the maw. The maw itself is fairly good experience for minimal work, but moving those stupid shards felt like it took 10 minutes.

Yeah honestly who approved that part?

But yea the maw is fun the first time, but it gets old fast. I’ve done it twice. I don’t want to do it again.

Bluntly I hate most questing after the first time or two. I firmly believe that everything before max level is just an extended character creation screen.

Pretty much. And originally, it was designed to teach you how to play, but not anymore.

Difficulty gating worked in 2007 because we had no clue wtf we were doing. It wouldn’t work now. Remember this?

https://www.engadget.com/2007-10-29-first-illidan-china-kill-by-the-seven.html

52 days after TBC launched in China they downed Illidan. That’s three raid tiers in less than two months. That would be unsustainable today.

So let people clear it? If some Chinese dudes master the game in a few days, good for them. They earned the right to stomp everyone. If you feel bad for being outsmarted and outfarmed, you should. What’s the problem?

It’s not about “feeling bad”. It’s about the playerbase rushing through the content and then truly having nothing to do.

It’s not about “some chinese dudes” either. Even if you doubled that time for less bleeding edge guilds, that’s still three raid tiers in 4 months. Can you honestly not see how that would be bad for the game?

To give the illusion that there is a steady stream of content

They are a multibillion dollar company. They have the power to make more content or even give players the tools to make content.

1 Like

I sense a straw man

I ran 800+ dungeons last expansion, only subbing for 1.5 patches

Make stuff fun and people will keep playing it

2 Likes

That company is made up of people, not androids. You want developers crunching constantly to stay ahead of the players, or having to sift through/moderate/balance community-created trash (Sturgeon’s Law), then you are utterly lacking empathy.

Bobby is the one lacking empathy. They can hire more devs you know.

Community content has decided the entire videogame industry. It’s foolish to ignore it.

1 Like