Why must they gate literally everything?

Every new expansion, I run out of worthwhile stuff to do after a few days, and then it just becomes a boring case of wait til next week. Why? Why can’t we just keep progressing through? You already gate the raid releases. Isn’t that enough? Why must everything else be gated?

40 Likes

Because it’s not good enough to keep you interested if its not.

8 Likes

They should have let us finish our campaigns or at least progress up to the part requiring denathrius’ defeat

8 Likes

When people can progress through stuff without limit, they’ll blaze through it in a week or two then complain they have nothing to do.

So the solutions you get are either:

1. Let people progress without caps but make things super grindy to minimize how many people can blow through it.
  2. Have weekly caps so people can’t blow through what is actually a short progression in a small amount of time.

and I feel like #1 wouldn’t go over well with the playerbase. People didn’t seem to be a huge fan of Artifact or Azerite Power grinding.

19 Likes

BC was a huge grind and difficult, but had minimal gating. People played and enjoyed it. I don’t see the issue with having things be difficulty gated.

They can also just let people burn out the month’s content and chill. They already have the money and should offer something next month. We don’t need weekly gates since we don’t do weekly subs.

12 Likes

so you would sub longer, duh

10 Likes

they can also make more content but they won’t do that

8 Likes

Theres 0 reason mythic cn shouldn’t be open day 1. Same with keystones. Imagine the horror of meaningful repeatable content

1 Like

Because people like you then turn around after doing the entire thing in 24 hours and say there’s nothing to do. So shush. You can’t have it both ways.

12 Likes

I never once complained during BC except during the long period between BT and Sunwell.

Ever since then, they’ve made things more gated and it’s really blah.

3 Likes

There’s plenty to do atm.

3 Likes

TBC was a loooooong time ago and the pkayer base is very different. What do you mean minimal gating, black temple had an atunement that required you to collect parts from other raids. It was hard to get a brand new raider or tune attuned because you had to go back to old stuff.

2 Likes

The attunement wasn’t gated. You just go run the heroics.

1 Like

I have so much left to do, even after clearing all the mythics this week. Farming sinstones for my alchemy trinket, farming mats, farming legendary powers, rep, anima, helping guildies, etc etc

1 Like

Because there are enough people who are completely happy to continue their subscription while waiting for their next time-gate to open.

I won’t be among them. But I’m still having fun now.

There was also basically nothing to do. If BC dropped today in the same exact state that it did back in 07 the player base would plummet after a month

4 Likes

Because otherwise some people will nearly kill themselves playing it. No joke.

We’re thinking about the same TBC right? The one with the gigantic attunement flowchart? That one? No gating? Are we serious?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fwow%2Fcomments%2F59icwk%2Fa_different_kind_of_flowchart_early_bc_attunement%2F&psig=AOvVaw3aJxQ3kwSRZ30ZNT-gQiT9&ust=1606768419899000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCKjwr_jMqO0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

7 Likes

If people want to poopsock it, let them. It’s not like ppl have anything better to do thx to covid.

1 Like

If they’d kill themselves playing a game, they aren’t sane. No joke.

(I really don’t think this was a decision based upon potential player health…)

If you know you’re gonna run out of stuff to do, then why do you rush through it?

5 Likes