Why must they gate literally everything?

Another reason is to prevent people from burning themselves out before pve and pvp season release.

So that they can artificially pad the amount of content they have.

1 Like

Why do we even need to wait for “the season” to start? These are all artificial gates.

The above: bingo.

And… Checkmate

I don’t get why you so zealously defend weekly gating of quests.

You can play as much as you want but there are caps on progress per week for the benefit of the average player.

You need to be aware the game is made for many people and to be fun for as many as possible mandatory content needs caps otherwise people feel they are falling behind and need to spend more time gaming (and once the time they need to spend becomes too high for them they quit). Very few people quit over timegates as evidenced by the fact you are still subbed and complaining.

If you want an ungated experience wait 3 or so months and then join in as then you can play for quite a long time without running out of content).

Why not cap for a month?

We sub monthly.

And why cap quests? I can understand capping gear progress, but quests?

And what you described is what I did for 8.3. So they missed out on like 5 months of sub from me. Cool.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you’re asking a question for which the quoted post provided the answer.

Sorry you’re bored, but I’m glad I don’t have to spend the next 3 weeks playing WoW 100% of the time to be ready for Mythic raiding.

Yeah we should be able to do quests that take place after the events of the coming raid happen… because who cares about timelines and story progression.

My first toon was leveled in Boring Tundra because it was the only zone I actually knew how to get to. I started in mid 8.3, not Wrath. I could barely form coherent sentences when Wrath came out lmao

If you just run your mythic dungeons, you will be ready for normal Nathria. If you run normal and heroic once or twice, you will be geared to start mythic.

It literally is not that bad. Everyone gets their stuff done anyway. You’re already behind. I was behind a full day. My friends all hit 60 within a few hrs of release.

And again, none of this has anything to do with gating the story quests.

1 Like

Storylines always end with the raid, so they’re naturally going to be gated with it.

1 Like

That’s fine. I should be able to get up to the raid part.

Has to be trolling.

1 Like

How am I trolling?

I’m bored and frustrated that I can’t progress my campaign because of some stupid weekly timegate. This is a completely reasonable response. This is my feedback.

It sucks. Stop doing it.

:man_shrugging:

There was a time when there was less stuff gated, Blizz would release it and players would do it all and say they had nothing to do :sob: So now, you can’t do it all you have to wait and you still have nothing to do :rofl: But! Blizz has less work to do because the content exists you just can’t get to it (na na a boo boo).

Why is this funny? Why do you as a player accept this?

They can just let us play and have a good time. It used to be Blizzard Entertainment, but I guess the entertainment part doesn’t matter anymore.

I am not entertained. Time gates are not fun. End of discussion.

My goal is to collect everything in the game. Every recipe, achievement, pet, toy, mount, title, do every quest, get every xmog from every covenent for each armor type. I want everything, so no matter how much Blizz time gates I have plenty to do and it doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

Reading Monster’s posts is like that scene from Willy Wonka…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej4SU_iYdv0

You can’t even get everything because they remove stuff or have specialty exclusive stuff.