Why LGBT representation in games matters:

And now with being able to change your sex by visiting the in game barber it’s never been easier.

2 Likes

None of us are ‘represented’ in this game though. Do you run around killing strange creatures on a daily basis? I surely hope not.

You are playing a character with purple hair (well maybe just greenish) and a strange complexion. Do you really look like that in real life? Again I sure hope not.

Also notice that video started out with ‘x’ included without making a huge fuss about it. Too many people make a huge fuss about things, so it becomes a huge fuss for everyone and drives people away.

In addition, take a look at those comments, not everyone agrees with this person’s opinion.

4 Likes

SO tired of these kinds of posts

18 Likes

This is Azeroth not real life.

8 Likes

Can you elaborate on how being gay is a “superfluous characteristic”?

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c&ab_channel=ArielMacedo

6 Likes

Someone’s kindness, someone’s empathy, someone’s capability of critcially think about things and form their own opinion which subsequentially drive their actions, and the capability to empathize or relate with any of this has nothing to do with someone’s gender or orientation.

That is something someone is, not what makes them an individual.

13 Likes

No, you want it.
I am not part of the We you speak of…

And just because we disagree doesn’t make me bigoted. That claim makes you sound a bit bigoted, or can’t you see that?

13 Likes

Of course it matters, just ffs do it right. Stop pulling the “Dumbledore is gay btw”, specially as a way to deflect criticism.

3 Likes

No, it doesn’t matter.

Be what you want, like what you like, but don’t expect everyone to agree and support your choices.

7 Likes

Pfft right I totes chose to be like this.

These threads are pointless bait and I’m sick of them

7 Likes

You are a precious gem.

I hate to break it to you, it you were born just like the rest of us.

Some like blonds over brunettes, other prefer mayonnaise over mustard.

You like what you like. You decide what you like.

6 Likes

Okay when did ya’ll chose to be straight?

5 Likes

Has anyone else noticed that when new threads with this subject are made, a bunch of similar older threads get bumped up?

3 Likes

It doesnt matter.

If you have to make a big deal about how you made a gay character in your game, youre a failure has a creator.

Unless the theme of the game isnt fitting for such topics (like Life is Strange for example) then you should not give it importance.

Making a character gay or whatever doesnt make it a good character, you gotta put effort in it, one example in that thumbnail being Bill from TLOU, the fact that hes gay is basically irrelevant to the character.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l60MnDJklnM

8 Likes

I disagree a tad. A good example of “Hey I am gay and made a cool gay character for ya’ll” is Dorian Pavus.

That guy got straight dude players picking him as a romance anyway. He’s that good.

edit cuz I forgot to mention this TO BE FAIR his sexuality is only really brought up in one quest. The rest of the time he’s being a bratty flirt. Even casually flirting with female created characters. But in that case it’s more flirting for fun rather than actual attraction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc8j3axrI9A

I admit it annoys me a teensy bit when a non lgbt creator is bragging about their lgbt characters. coughDruckmanncough

Their experiences help form their opinion as well, which are absolutely shaped by someone’s gender AND orientation as well as many other aspects of themselves. People are defined by many things and to arbitrarily reject one aspect is disingenuous.

1 Like

Oh yeah that idiot, Media is currently making a big deal about how his disaster of a game got more awards than Witcher lll

Leaving the fact that said awards lost all value years ago aside, they ignore the fact that half of those awards didnt even exist when Witcher lll came out.

3 Likes