Why It's Time for Blizzard to Build Player Housing in World of Warcraft

Damn, Alaska. I’m in the Carolinas. We have roving groups of immigrant landscapers that shark around the nicer neighborhoods towing lawncare equipment that looks like it came off the set of Mad Max Fury Road. You wave one down, haggle for what service you want in extraordinary broken English or straight up hand motions and then it gets done.

It’s a simple, elegant system that marries a supply with a demand in a way increasingly lost amidst the technological advancements of our time.

I think our uhh “landscaper” even did my gutters a few weeks back, unprompted. Which is probably a scathing condemnation of my suburban manhood.

1 Like

I could see a giant monastery of cosmetics to your achievements being cool… for the cosmetic oriented folks.

Outside of that, housing just isnt a meaningful aspect of this game. Never has been. Never will be. Id rather be in BFAs city than in a town by myself with npcs (WoD)

Now a guild town could be cool. Maybe.

1 Like

Lol in GA we had people who would do any work for a 20. It truly is an economy unto itself. Only problem is theyd start asking you for rides to places or mow your lawn unprompted thinking youd pay.

What a good problem to have lol. Now i have all this rage pent up from doing my own lawn through a legion of mosquitoes that needs to be spent on voice chat lobbies. Sure as heck cant get it out on these forums lol. My account would be deleted in under 5 minutes.

Sips tea in catgirl maid cafe.

1 Like

It’s common sense.

If Blizz dumps that much money into making housing it will be required.

Like Battle pets? Like Dungeons? Like Raids? None of that is “required.” It is just other stuff you can do.

No, I do not think for one second that a Player Housing system would be “required”. Nothing about that is common sense.

1 Like

It would be cool if in said player housing you could use the selfie camera and put up dungeon and raids you have done as murals of a sort

Garrisons failed because blizzard wanted it to fail.

I raid mythic at a ce level. I have requirements that are required to enjoy the content I do.

Anything as big as player housing will have progression at some level in it.

Delves is a primary example of that.

If you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about it’s best to not comment.

What you think is irrelevant. Yiu have shown you don’t actually know what’s morning required.

Torghast was required
World content is required
Delves are required.

So no I don’t want yet another required system that’s going to take a massive investment with little return for a minority of the playerbase.

If you want to play house buy a game designed for it

All they need to is allow us to select a Warband or account garrison. I would be more than happy with that.

if player housing is out in the open world where we can place down the players will shut down spawns or block paths

Look at ESO, Housing is one of the most popular features of the game lol

that was the best housing att inside a cave or near a mountain lol
making an obstacle coarse lol with jars

As someone who still visits all my garrisons ill pass ill decorate it once and never go back to my awesome belf house or mudhut orc camp

If you’re allowed to build your house anywhere in the world and everyone can see your house… then SURE
If its something like garrison… Aint no way that thing is pointless

• Any game that has “Creativity in it, last longer”

Garrisons was a failure because of the way they implemented it not because it made the world feel empty.

That said, the best way they can do it is copy FF14’s system. A zone with plots, that people can still visit and visit others houses.

And with THAT said, we will never see housing in WoW, unless we get WoW 2. (which who knows we may get after the World Soul Saga)

Sounds to me like retail is not the game for you. You might be happier playing another MMO. Everything you said is unreasonable, Mr “I do mythic at a ce level”. You are not a RWF player. What you think is irrelevant as well, the game wasn’t made for people like you, nor should the game be balanced or catered to that player base.

This game is made for the more casual players, rather you like it or not. That’s how it is, and always will be. Casual players want things like Player Housing, get over it.

If they could click their fingers and it would instantly appear, this is true.

But, given the reality of the dev hours required to create and test something like housing, a lot of players would loose quite a bit if they suddenly re-focused everything on housing.

Sounds to me like you have no idea what you are talking about.

I am quite happy playing WoW.

Everything I said is reality.

I never claimed to be a RWF raider. Those guys are gearing 10 different characters for multiple splits. I never mentioned any of that.

The game is 100% designed for people like me that partake in group content rofl.

Casual doesnt mean youre bad at the game. Im a casual player.

You clearly have zero idea what you are talking about.

new profession called construction. you build furniture and stuff and you get plaques you put on the wall that give 5 hour buffs that constructors makes. out side of the buff everything else is pure cosmetic or for fun.

pvp basement, your own circus out front, just random things that are fun and cool.

people can visit your home simply by going to the house portal and being in party or typing the name of the owner whose house you want to visit.

NO GATHERING OR PROFESSION ANYTHING IN HOUSING AREAS.
runescape has the best housing system i have ever seen in a mmo copy that and you win