Why isn't the axe dropping?

ok on my dk, you can see I have 15 kills and 29 lesser embers.

why has the axe not dropped? its supposed to be 100% after the 14th kill according to you guys.

Bad rng but no one here can tell u why its not dropping.

2 Likes

Sorry, what axe?

For those not in the know.

3 Likes

that axe.

MrMee

15 DAYS AGOPATCH 10.2.5

Just got my 15th heroic kill, no AXE.

I’m not sure where the number of kills needed was stated, but it looks like it wasn’t.

4 Likes

The information doesn’t appear to be officially from us, Saurfang.

Disclaimers

Please read the following disclaimers.

1. This data is not labeled. There’s no “Fyr’alath Legendary Drop Rate” tag, but based on multiple factors, we assume that this is related to the Fyr’alath Bad Luck Protection (BLP). This could not be related, but we do think it is.

If you feel you have encountered a bug, you’ll want to submit a bug report. Otherwise, we’re not able to provide details about drop rates, etc…

6 Likes
4 Likes

it was stated in the table. number of greater embers, 14 equalts 100% drop chance on kill
so given that the 14th kill gives you the 14th ember, makes your 15th kill 100%.

well its not.

and responding to vrakthris, you guys always point us to wowhead as a resource, but now that im using it, suddenly its not good enough? : /

2 Likes

Thanks, Kozzae, I didn’t see that one posted. I didn’t see any specific numbers of guarantees to receive it at a certain point, but that would probably be something you’d want to bring up with our Game Developers and Community Managers. Customer Support wouldn’t be able to provide any specifics.

4 Likes

Wowhead is a player-run resource. There is no official data there. Bottom line - Blizzard staff do not give game hints. Anything you see on drop rates is an estimate. And even if the drop rate given is accurate at (I’m making up a number) 15%, that doesn’t mean if you kill it x number of times you get it. It means you have a 15% chance of it dropping every time. No event influences any other event. I can flip a coin 10 times and land on heads every time. And the fact that I landed on heads 10 times in a row doesn’t suddenly make the universe “owe” me a tails.

3 Likes

A resource to help with some game information and game play, yes, but information on Wowhead isn’t an official announcement from Blizzard.

7 Likes

This is a little different as involved with the axe is bad luck protection, so it’s not a flat chance.

However all the data was mined and interpolated… so who knows. Could be off.