Why isn't Rep account wide yet?

Are you people intentionally being obtuse?

Most of what you unlock in these reps is account bound, as noted in the OP.

Unreal

If you remove all the gates, people will see behind the curtain.

I love rep farming, but I’ll never go out of my way to do it on a second character.

nobody does the rep grinds on their ‘main’ and their alts too

If they eventually do it then it will probably cost us a raid tier.

because this is a character based game that allows character progression

I would have to say no on gear . If gear is account wide then why even do an alt or play the game with one . The only gear I would say yes to and they already do is the catch up gear that comes in either the first or 2nd content of an xpac like korthia , bethnic and timeless gear

I do. I have all exalted reps in BfA on at least 6 characters (except for maybe the last 2 in uldum and vale can’t remember) and will likely end up the same for Shadowlands.

A lot of people actually do progress multiple characters fully, i.e. max out all professions, max out the reps, etc.

1 Like

ive never met one person able to link two characters with the same maxed out reps

can you link to these multiple characters with the same maxed out reps

for what purpose - you really don’t think people do that.

think about it - you get close to 2k gold a day now in Shadowlands for doing the callings - every max level character I have will do those and as a consequence they will have all exalted reps. In BfA, I did world quests all expansion long for gear and then for the paragon caches.

but I don’t mind taking screenshots of the characters though - not going to link all my characters on here

thats what i thought

yes well you tried to get me to link my characters another time already so obviously I am going to remember that

I don’t even love it. I tolerate it, to get the things I need for my account (like for Pathfinder back in WoD, Legion, and BfA). I remember farming Kalu’ak for the Pengu pet and fishing pole. The fact that I couldn’t buy the pole on any other characters bothered me, and was not bind to account. So, I have one character with that fishing pole, a different character for the dragon pole from Anglers, and other exclusive exalted-faction items.

While we are requesting account-wide, I would also like to see more outdated currencies and resources shared. We can already send pet battle charms, why not Garrison Resources, Timeless Coins, Darkmoon Prize Tickets, etc?

3 Likes

you can send garrison resources to other characters

Its a mix of the following:

• They would have to assess how this change would hurt play time metrics.
  • Programming challenges? I mean there are too many reputations, its not a small fix
  • The current game director dislikes alts and account-wide content (based on past interviews, q&a’s etc)
1 Like

You forgot one:

• Some factions oppose other factions

It is unclear how your account would handle Steamwheedle vs Bloodsail, Aldor vs Scryers, etc.

1 Like

#timeplayed.

That’s it

1 Like

Then go and buy reputation transmogs with a fresh character if you believe the system is so great.

They need to implement a job system, being able to level every class on a single character and swap it like a specialization.

Then, people who want a blank new canvas for every character they make can have it, and people who just want to game can also do that. It’s a win-win for everyone.

1 Like

Why? To increase Playtime Metrics.

To play the game on a new class. Wym??

1 Like