Why isn't DF selling like hotcakes?

You needed to respond to Ziltoid, not me.

Guy seems to think “hey… you just play your 7 other chrs, and farm Dirt on all of them, and get mats on all of them and keep up with CO on all of them, and don’t fall behind with Knowledge on all of them” …

…like that isn’t 50 hours worth of work per week, just for alts.

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

why would players trust blizzard again?
The wife got a beta invite, she hated SL so bad I couldnt even get her to install beta to try it out.
The only reason she played DF is because I drove her nuts until she decided to try it to shut me up, lol.
She loves DF. Plays nearly every day.
She hated SLs so bad she’d go months without logging in at all.

She did like a lot of BFA, but SL just killed it for both of us.
After two stinkers in a row and the garbage before Legion…THREE of four expansions hitting new levels of suck…why would players who left risk $60 again.

Blizzard has to decide if theyre gonna keep catering to the hardcore few and run the majority off…or if they want this game to actually make a lot more money than it has been consistently.

6 Likes

Nobody cared about the lore characters in SL

I did! Except for Bane.

Really? All of them were pointless. I consider SL bad fan fiction. DF feels more like warcraft, which hasn’t felt like warcraft for a long long time it seems

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant no disrespect. :frowning:

1 Like

Hasn’t Warcraft’s story pretty much always been “fanfic quality?”

1 Like

It’s just MMO is a dying genre. It wont become as popular as before.

But i think DF sales made okay. Not as high as Shadowlands but i feel more players are here now than in Shadowlands.

This thread is a doom gloom. The thread is composed of tourists. And tourist doesnt like MMO. As expected, they were all here on the release of DF, probably gone after a month. Typical scenario. It happens every expansion.

A real gamer stays. We are doing fine and we are having a blast. We dont mind those tourists. Becoz we know they will always come back when there’s something new. Just keep on subscribing. It doesnt matter if you play or not.

1 Like

BfA and SL were made to end the storyline and start anew.

BFA I would agree with, honestly it was Legion that really felt like the end of a storyline. BFA tried to reopen one that just didn’t feel right, which led to the bad storytelling of SL with characters majority of people didn’t care for.

it had ups and downs. Like Arthas was an amazing storyline (even if a bit typical) all things considered. Sylv before the legion/bfa shenanigans was interesting as well.

I really enjoyed the Alliance side Onyxia quest chain too.

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

2 Likes

DF is the first xpac ive never played more than a month. Its not really bad imo, i just prefer the classic style of the game more.

Just my .02 copper.

1 Like

Legion was a great expansion.

Like the original Warcraft? BC I just don’t see it.

all they are missing is a few day subs lol. Eve may or may not be dying too. and they sell weekend plans.

Basically for a few bucks you can pick up 3 days of omega access. Basically a you are fully “subbed” for 3 days only to get full item access. the F2P part limits some access.

some would go who’d buy that. A dude who wants to be full omega for 3 days. some more organized pvp picks up on the weekend.

That motif died with Warcraft 3, man.

2 Likes

I leveled 1 character through Dragonflight, 1 through Shadowlands, 8 through Legion. I just cannot get into leveling another through these zones. I do not pvp, raid or do dungeons. I wish I could level my remaining 60s to 70 in another expansion pack. I don’t care about gear or reputation, I can buy gear, have plenty of gold. I just set my subscription to expire.

1 Like

I think the problem is that it began as a lot of fun, with some work to make it happen, and has degraded into a lot of work, with a little fun to make it seem worthwhile.

2 Likes

they figure throwing mounts and cosmetics at them (through sub bonuses and the Trading Post) will be enough to keep them around. i expect this strategy is going to fail miserably. i think this expansion will be a ghost town in another month or two.

5 Likes