Why isn't DF selling like hotcakes?

Here we go again . . .

2 Likes

yep. As I wind out my sub I will pursue the soon offered gear that used to be arena rated. I look forward to wednesday. honor is there ready to spend. Something to do to ride out till feb. I will get my sub time used on one game…or the other.

Now I’d just need faction/race change to and that could bait a few more months. the human paladin at 80 is there. she wants to be a blood elf. Blizzard controls that so that is all on them.

1 Like

Blizzard kind of ruined their own reputation between sexual harassment scandals, “frat boy culture,” and how the game was managed during Shadowlands (slow patch cadence, Blizzard seeming out of touch re: Covenants, etc). There are people I know who don’t want to buy anything Blizzard anymore, not just World of Warcraft.

There’s also the question of timing. 2020 was a very good year to release a game, because of a global pandemic people were spending more time and money on hobbies at home. 2022 is not the same situation, even if there’s still pandemic going around.

1 Like

Eww, gross …

1 Like

Too many hotcakes.

I haz the diabeetus now. No can play.

Because DF has 2 bad expansions before it and tons of controversy.

WoW also is still more of the same in DF even with the improvements of DF. That and many that left found new ones at places like GW2, FF14, and the such.

1 Like

I see enough of the outside, including grass, at work (cable guy), especially in the summer :hot_face: kinda wish I could buy a summer home some place where it’s cold during June, July, and August.

1 Like

Im not going to even bother wasting my time trying to explain.
if you cant see the CLEAR similarity between DF…kalimdor, EK and Northend I dont know what to tell you

joke make no sense. if diabetes prevented you from playing WoW, they’d lose like 75% of their playerbase.

1 Like

And nearly a month on Beta and over a month on live and we’re still here and loving it.
We’re not here for a 16 hour a day job. Casual content is exactly what we asked for.

Using one popular hotcakes mix company, who’s owned by PepsiCo. It’s a lot higher than actiblizz’s.

You don’t have to mansplain me. I know the story and the zones. I was talking about gameplay.

1 Like

Why do you need to make progress on professions for your alts anyway? You can just play one character with mining and/or herbalism and then use the gold from that to buy BoP items through the craft order system; a lot of people are desperate for clients anyway. Things like enchants, etc. are sold for close to the cost of mats because of the regionwide AH.

I was leveling my alts through mining/herbalism until I realized leeching off people in the Cobalt Assembly is quicker and more fun (I pay it forward on my level 70 characters). The gold I was making was good even when I was just starting out.

perma blocked…take your trash PC garbage to someone else

The developers severely botched several talent trees and class reworks. The communication between developers and testers during beta was practically non-existent. The game is still in beta testing today.

The theme of the expansion is also pretty weak if you are not really into dragons.

1 Like

Why would I rather craft my own mats for (sic) 30g, instead of spending 1000g on the very same thing? gee… I dunno.

If you’ve ever done a lot of M+ and/or Raiding … it involves A TON of mats. Being able to make that all in-house is 1> just smart; 2> part of the game I enjoy.

I also don’t want to be at the mercy of waiting on someone else when I want something.

We’ve been able to make our own stuff for 18 years, I don’t mind that if it changed A LITTLE … but the extent to which it has been changed it nothing short of unacceptable.

2 Likes

We are also in a recession and people are struggling.

Nothing PC about it. That is what you were doing. Discrediting what I had to say bc you think I don’t understand when you didn’t take the time to understand what I said. But this is a free forum and I can respect your opinion.

2 Likes

If I were to guess the word of mouth on DF has been good up front but is likely starting to fall off now.

Can’t say why but I have started losing interest in the last week. No matter which class I play it just doesn’t feel fun (for me).

One possible answer is that WoW just hasn’t changed enough to stay relevant much longer.

It’s a heavily group bias game and that may have some appeal but I’m not sure these days if it holds mass appeal like it once did.

1 Like

For me it’s just not that interesting anymore. I log in twice a week now. One day to do the weekly stuff and one day to run some M+ with some friends. Other than that I don’t really see a reason to play wow beyond that.

2 Likes