Why isn't DF selling like hotcakes?

they screwed us far to long is all.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about this some more, and a lot of it is probably marketing; the main trailers didn’t show a compelling conflict and made it look like the devs’ focus is on the casual dragonriding experience.

1 Like

Hello, I see you replied to my post. Yet you are the one that called people living in the inner cities “those people,” haha!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

Its the carbs. Hotcakes have carbs.

1 Like

I said those people who are against civil liberties (i.e. woke). What’s wrong with that? Mind you I’m not into politically correct, I think it’s one of the most damaging things the left has done to our 1st Amendment rights even though I myself am liberal.

Yeah, a real progression system… :rofl:

I doubt this

Carbs are beautiful, welcomed, and fully accepted in this household.

1 Like

Total failure as an answer. Want to try again?

Yeah, I agree yours was. So, what you leveled!

Yes that’s progression so why are people saying there is no progression?

It isn’t a progression system.

The real reason is Blizzard is refusing to reduce the issues that cause friction. People keep coming back at the beginning of the expansion hoping for something better, but in reality nothing is better, and fewer and fewer people keep giving WoW second chances. WoW’s devs have arrogantly assumed the patch cycle will always save them while ignoring the community over the years.

1. Playing a support role pigeon-holes you. The time gated nature of gearing means that it’s difficult to fill out an effective DPS set, so you’re either forced with long queue times or you play a support role and nothing else. That’s just not fun.
  2. Alt friendliness. WoW’s is still laughable. It’s better, but it’s still not like FFXIV’s job system or how lenient GW2’s class system is with practically everything, except story progress, being account wide. Note: the two hardest gear tiers to attain, ascended and legendary are account wide pieces, with legendary not even requiring you load stuff into the bank to share.
  3. The game keeps pushing people into harder content, but doing nothing to decrease friction between players or increase cooperation. The social contract did nothing. Also, casuals were treated way better in BFA: Nazjatar let you build a heroic gear set, the best you can do in DF in open world is RF level. TF and more/better world boss drops meant that a casual player could, if they were diligent, start approaching heroic gear levels. So basically if you want to progress, you’re forced to play the most challenging content in PuGs which is just dumb. It was really hollow being in a PuG, pushing a +8, it took us hours and the key owner, who couldn’t stop standing in bad mind you (i was the healer), literally said he never wanted to see any of us again. That’s worse than GW2’s doing raid or strike CM training and failing because people just don’t have the skill. At least people are gracious for the opportunity to learn after.
    In fairness, this might have been fun had I known the people I’d been playing with, but I think most players are outgrowing being tied at the hip to a group of other players, it’s restrictive and unfun. The game blizzard is building is for players that don’t exist anymore.
  4. MMOs don’t really offer anything unique anymore. There’s a lot more community options with way less grinding on the internet nowadays. In fact I think ARPGs are what MMOs were 10 years ago because they give the RPG buzz without half the grinding. Sure you can grind to be a top player, but most people with lives can still usually do a season or whatever.
  5. Blizzard wouldn’t understand fun if it slapped them in the face. Some of the new dungeons just aren’t fun with how mechanics were rolled together or overtuned. It feels like they’re creating content for mythic+ world finals, not most players.
8 Likes

Because shadowlands and BFA caused a lot of damage to the players trust. Especially after the crap show that was shadowlands, people are bound to be skeptical before coming back.

Feel like this should be common sense

1 Like

So what you are saying is that you can have a system where you are progressing even though it’s not a progression system? How does that work?

It’s because Shadowlands was that bad.

3 Likes

Well that’s one reason. Here is the latest list of the *** ONLY *** reason why subscriptions are down according to various people in the forums:

• When WOW was first created it was one of the only D&D like MMOs around. Now there are hundreds of new ones each year.
  • In an industry where 5 years is middle aged and 10 years is an antique, WOW is an 18 year old game competing with tons of new technology.
  • The trend these days is toward social media and mobile where WOW doesn’t play well.
  • Some say it’s the story writting particularly in BFA and ShadowLands.
  • Or it’s the toxic culture of the players that’s causing people to leave.
  • Others point to specific abilities like “borrowed power” that have been taken away.
  • Next we hear that it’s time gating
  • Death. Wow players aren’t getting any younger, and younger players don’t share the same attraction to MMOs… particularly ones dominated by older people.
  • The questing requirements are not long and grinding enough.
  • The questing requirements are to long and grinding.
  • Activision said: “If you don’t like the game, go play something else.” or… “The game is not meant for you”.
  • SL had too many mobs close together.
  • The Horde/Alliance cold war.
  • The China fiasco.
  • No regular flying at expansion launch is what killed the game.
  • Dear Blizz you cut this feature I loved so I quit.
  • And now, Long server down times.
2 Likes

My 2 cents. WoW aint selling cause the people who’ve sustained WoW are the peculiar OCD types who believe by “figuring out” (as in know all the nitty gritty) the game believe they are the true OWNERS of the game… like this guy sums up the WoW “core fans” perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scYWdXhgYtY

While on the topic, if you’re interested, look up a video on YouTube entitled, “Why it’s Rude to Suck at WoW”.

Other reasons I sometimes see in the forums:

• Fed up with the loot system/RNG
  • Want to play an MMO where he majority of the gameplay focus doesn’t revolve around dungeons and raids or want more/better horizontal progression
  • They want RPG content - “slice of life” side-content, RP systems (e.g, housing, relationship)
  • Lackluster customization
4 Likes

I personally didn’t buy DF until last week due to the abysmal experiences I had from the 2-3 previous expansions but I’m glad I eventually caved in and bought it. This expansion is one of the best ever, hopefully more people jump on the bandwagon!

2 Likes