Why is Wow dying ? (In your opinion )

In Yoshi P latest Q&A, he’s surprised that Stormblood playerbase is growing and he’s planning to add more server for FFXIV.

Anthem, Elswyr and Shadowbringers wont kill WOW, but just like all MMO before, they’ll pull more subs from WOW 1.7m remaining player, hopefully enough to shrink WOW dev team.

This is the best and the most exciting year for Blizzard, cant wait :star_struck:

2 Likes

Maybe they can finally make an OCE server… forever forgotten :frowning:

Corporate goons that don’t comprehend the fact that good games that deliver fun and engaging content will provide just as much revenue as pushing out unfinished garbage that does nothing but piss in their players face that’s filled with MTX. This idea of willingly give up the many loyal for a few whales is getting old, and thankfully we’re starting to see the industry start to push back against this crap.

Speaking from what I purely like to do, most people I’ve played with that have quit have done largely because pushing to do higher content has become more and more pointless. Why spend the hours wiping on Mythic progression when you can just run LFR weekly and if you get lucky get better gear from it? Gearing has become far too infested with RNG atop RNG for the sake of inflating /played.

BiS lists were wonderful. It allowed me to figure out what bosses I wanted to be in for and farm to get the best gear available for me. This let’s just play the lotto and see if I get an upgrade isn’t fun and doesn’t make things better.

1 Like

-bad writing
-pathfinder
-boring endless grinds with little reward
-getting the same stupid item over and over and over.
-getting gear that isnt an upgrade when it says it is.
-boring, repetitive, unimaginative quests/questlines
-endless, sadistic nerfs to classes and farming

3 Likes

Dying no it still has a pulse, on life support… not really, very unwell and might be cancer… most likely but its treatable if caught early.

Because the mass has turned into a bunch of whiny cry babies.

1 Like

This generation.
Cant live with them…cant bury them in the bunker on hole 9.

Could not agree more.

They are lacking big time on ALL EIGHT!

Such a shame.

Yes and with most popular MMO’s 95% of sales are at the start… very few actually buy the game part way thru a expansion , so if they sold 3.4 million you would expect a total of maybe 4 million at the most thats a big drop from 10 million…

If Activision can maintain 2 mill subs I see no reason for wow to go away …

In a nutshell, WoW is dying because the developers are too arrogant to admit they aren’t good at their jobs. That’s all.

2 Likes

You can probably find a “wow is dying” post at the start of every new expansion lol

That being said, BFA has its fair share of problems that can be easily fixed if dev’s actually listened to their player base. That’s what I believe frustrates people the most.

We all have to remember blizz is thinking about this expansion long term, so we wont get a full picture of what BFA is meant to be til 2020.

What’s killing wow rn is its lack of community/progression imo

It’s 14 years old /topic

2 Likes

that was only day 1 it went on sale though before the game even came out. that leaves april when digital sales went online to august when it launched to prepurchase.

14 years is an amazing effort and lets be real its got more in it, Blizz will bleed it dry.

WoW peak will never be reached again, growth is over.

Lol yet another “WoW is dying” thread rofl. The forums are always good for a laugh thanks Op!

1 Like

I think a lot of WoW’s problems is because of how they’ve changed the game’s core game design. They’ve followed to much of the easy path.

1 Like

The only reason that it might be dying is its 14 years old. If it dies, time for World of Warcraft 2. Or some other big dog to spend money and give the world its fantasy fix.

Fact is WoW has been so good for so long it crowded out all other attempts to create a great MMORPG. People say ARPGs are the future. But WoW is still the best game on the market of its kind and those that love MMORPGs mostly play WoW.

That is a magic number you pulled out there.

I can’t possibly say why wow is dying.

One reason might be that people just want more thumb games and can’t be bothered to play a computer MMO.

Nobody will know for sure.

:wink:

2 Likes