Why is Wow dying ? (In your opinion )

From the person who made the why is Mythic plus dying thread the famous Jasminer!!!

Now lets get down to buisness why do you all think Wow is dying ? I know everyone has a different opinion some think game is fine and healthy others do not I want to hear both sides groups stories.

Please list your reasons in the comment section down below.

4 Likes

Activision

70 Likes

Decisions are being made with money and time /played in mind instead of fun.

55 Likes

Their new metric…profit margin.

It used to be make the game fun for players…
now its make the game as profitable for shareholders…who are faceless entities behind money management consultants and hedge funds. Yeah, they REALLY understand what makes a game fun to play.

18 Likes

wow is not dying. The new combo point HP resource bug where they are unable to generate is happening due to too many people being in one zone at a time.

the game has a healthy population right now. also BFA PRESOLD 10 million copies. even if only half stayed subbed that’s 5 mill subs which is pretty darn good for any MMO.

7 Likes

I don’t think WoW is dying.

I think we’re having a sub-par expansion immediately after an expansion people heralded as the best ever / extremely well liked.

BfA is getting the Cata Treatment, it’s not a great expansion, after an expansion alot of people held in high regards. Therefore with the good expansion fresh in everyone’s mind, they immediately start tearing up the newest one because it doesn’t live up to their expectations.

Though, if I had to pick something I don’t like about BfA, it’d be Mythic+.

System as a whole is a rip off of Diablo 3, and not a good rip off.

13 Likes

I don’t think that. Something would have to actually be dying, for me to think it was (dying.)

2 Likes

GCD, class mechanics, overabundance of RNG. Are my top 3 opinions on what is hurting WoW.

Below that, Story could use improvement.

12 Likes

Why do you think “all of us” think WoW is dying? You’re confusing opinion with fact.

3 Likes

WoW is dying in the same sense that everyone is at some point going to grow old and die. It’s not going to last forever.

7 Likes

Lack of community. I could care less about any of you. But… I might just care a little bit if I was forced to play with you all and not shard into another dimension of anonymity

12 Likes

I do think it has a use by date and it’s coming up faster than i would have thought , Activision isn’t helping the game reputation or its future development .

4 Likes

Being forced into something is never the answer. a better solution would be to merge 50% of all the servers ,

1 Like

Lack of innovation, passion, unintelligent writers, meh gameplay list goes on and on…and on.

5 Likes

where you get this number , I am reading 3.4 million copies sold

8 Likes

Not that hard honestly.

Hard content = gear used to be a philosophy embraced by Blizzard. Currently If I have a better Chest piece because of a world boss drop then someone who did +10 Mythic then it cheapens the game for me.

Every single MMO that an RNG loot system has been implemented as you currently see it has failed. Do not argue this point with me or I will bombard you with MMO’s either dead or on life support where this was put into the game.

ANY MMO that did this was immediately called an idiot developer and WoW was used as a system of gearing that the dev should follow.

Bring back EPIC quest lines. Plain and simple. Something you do that makes you learn about the world.

Class design is just broken. People not gaining a new talent at 120 was a serious mistake. This is just undeniable.

Bring back fantasy MMO to the game. Stop with the politics as NOONE CARES. Give me a world ending old death god.

4 Likes

If its dying in the sense many of you chicken littles keep touting then those who buy in game mounts or pets are going to rise up and torch blizzard. Just kidding.

When wow came out it wasnt the only MMO, but it was the best one out, now there are many choices out there ALL of them have their flaws, ALL of them have the same type of people on their forums saying something similar to what is uttered on these forums every day.

No game company is ever going to please 100% of its player base, those who become dissatisfied will either cry for change, or try other things. Devs could change things to what the players want and it would only irritate a whole new portion of players.

1 Like

I am not sure that the game is dying, however, I do think that they are riding a dead horse (some aspects of BFA).

I also think they are not living up to their mission statement and eight core values:
Dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever.

1. gameplay FIRST: Everything we do at Blizzard Entertainment is based on the success of the gaming experiences we provide our players. The goal of each discipline within the company – be it art, programming or customer support – is to make our games as fun as possible for as many people as we can reach.
  2. commit to QUALITY: Blizzard polish” doesn’t just refer to our gameplay experiences, but to every aspect of our jobs. We approach each task carefully and seriously. We seek honest feedback and use it to improve the quality of our work. At the end of the day, most players won’t remember whether the game was late – only whether it was great.
  3. play nice; PLAY FAIR: In our business first impressions are important – but lasting impressions are everything. We strive to maintain a high level of respect and integrity in all interactions with our players, colleagues, and business partners. The conduct of each Blizzard Entertainment employee, whether online or offline, can reflect on the entire company.
  4. embrace your INNER GEEK: Everyone here is a geek at heart. Cutting-edge technology, comic books, science fiction, top-end video cards, action figures with the kung-fu grip…. Whatever it is they’re passionate about, it matters that each employee embraces it! Their unique enthusiasm helps to shape the fun, creative culture that is Blizzard Entertainment.
  5. every voice MATTERS: Great ideas can come from anywhere. Blizzard Entertainment is what it is today because of the voices of our players and of each member of the company. Every employee is encouraged to speak up, listen, be respectful of other opinions, and embrace criticism as just another avenue for great ideas.
  6. think GLOBALLY: Everywhere on the planet there are people who play Blizzard Entertainment games. While respecting the cultural diversity that makes people unique, we strive to grow and support our global gaming community. We also seek the most passionate, talented people in the world to enrich our company and help us forge the future vision of Blizzard Entertainment.
  7. lead RESPONSIBLY: Our products and practices can affect not only our employees and players – but the industry at large. As one of the world’s leading game companies, we’re committed to making ethical decisions, always keeping our players in mind, and setting a strong example of professionalism and excellence at all times.
  8. learn & GROW: The games industry is ever-changing. Technology improves, techniques change, and design philosophies become outdated. Since the founding of Blizzard Entertainment, we’ve worked to improve through experience, teaching one another and cultivating the desire to be the best at what we do. We see this as an individual responsibility as well as a company one. Employees can count on their peers, managers, and the company itself to be supportive and help them gain the knowledge and training they need.
9 Likes

14 years selling the same. :cow::cow::cow:

well the player base certainly isn’t helping much when it turns on each other quicker than politicians…

4 Likes