Why is There Even a Debate on Cross Faction BGS

It was the weaker of the 3, but at least it tied into Underot and Uldir so there was some interesting things. Plus killed loas, good way to dive hone seriousness by killing gods.

The Drust stuff seems interesting though.

1 Like

True
 The zone was meh but uldir was pretty darn interesting. Ulduar back in the day really hyped everyone on Titan lote

1 Like

factionless bgs would be better than cross faction or whatever the OP called it

they could it make so nothing changes about your character and you can group with humans and orcs or whatever

1 Like

I’d rather universal mercing style, if I had to choose one or the other. Orcs and dwarves holding hands skipping together out the gates of Dun Badar would chap my hide.

I just don’t think “factionless” mixed bgs would work to be honest. Plenty of players on both sides still have a lot of “pride” in their faction, so no doubt a lot of them would be upset by such a “slushing together” of the factions (Bdm, etc).

Yes, there’s merc mode, but a few Horde mercs sprinkled in here and there hardly has any impact on the Alliance’s “faction fantasy”. And the system does a pretty decent job of disguising Horde mercs, most of the time you won’t even know they are Hordies unless you actually take the time to tab out and armory them.

3 Likes

Yea honestly it’s wierd
 I have always played both factions but for some reason it would still bother me if they were combined
 I even main tauren, the hippiest peace lovers of all
 :joy:

2 Likes

“Faction war” and “Alliance vs Horde” is the heart of WoW. Messing with this foundation via “faction mixing” stuff is asking for trouble imo, I just don’t think it would go over well with a lot of players.

“Us versus them” permeates everything in WoW, it’s pretty much woven into the social fabric of the game.

2 Likes

Horde story sucks this xpac. The troll king was dumb, now he’s dead. His horrible, boring daughter has taken over
great.

O and you’re warchief is a twot, and we are probably gonna kill her soon.

" What do YOU want the Horde to be"? Give me a break. All the Alliance zones have better storylines, and Jainas part is a lot of closure for one of the oldest and most prolific characters in the WoW universe.

No cross faction bgs
No Merc mode
No more Horde favoratism

1 Like

Except there’s merc already, on top of players with characters on both factions.

Talanji is awesome. I already like her better than previous “favorite race leaders”, and this includes the Alliance guys (I have been Alliance too you know).

Doubt she’ll die but she’ll be “impeached/defeated”. Pretty sure it’ll be a cross-faction effort, in case you’ve missed all the cutscenes that have essentially telegraphed it.

Sylvanas will end up becoming something else, I guarantee it. They gave her Xalatath, there’s the whole “none of the ‘death faction’ figures seem to know where Voljins ghost is”, who recommended Sylvanas to Voljin anyways, Bwonsamdi mentioning his “boss”, etc.

A new ememy NPC faction will probably appear, and she’ll join it or be the one to start it.

Yeah
sylvanas is the worst. Talanji is just kind of predictable and boring to me.

Have you played much hordeside? In particular the Zand unlock questline? She is very endearing. She’s the strong female character the game’s always needed but missed the boat with Sylv and Jaina. At least until recently with Jaina, they’ve obviously been on a PR repair crusade with that one.

The only thing that was specifically predictable with Talanji was the fact her father was just a proxy for us to meet her, and he obviously wasn’t going to survive.

Reputation capped with Zand and Proudmore. You said it, she was just gifted the throne, didn’t earn it. She has room for development in the future, we’ll see.

Jaina just has much more depth, with her history. The ties with old theramore, her father, brother, are fantastic.

Did you do the actual questline though? Try it. You might change your mind somewhat. I was fairly indifferent to her until that moment. It’s entirely about helping her feel she is worthy.

Shes another “too good” character. Always trying to do whats right. She somehow was born without any of the Zandalari pride.

I guess thats par for the course for WoW, but I don’t like people being good/evil. We don’t have to be biblical in morals with fantasy characters. Conflicted characters are much more interesting.

That’s still characters with the appearance of horde versus characters with the appearance of alliance.

It’s fun for some people to pick a side and cultivate an identity as one team or the other.

1 Like

Well they are driving the whole Good Horde v Bad Horde angle so it is to be expected.

She’s good and wants to do what is right, yet isn’t as peacenik and (generally) passive as Baine is. It’s what the Horde needs in this storyline.

1 Like

Well, currently Horde and Alliance are at war, yeah? The war has to end sometime!

So, assuming that there is some kind of peace when this all ends, well, that is when I am hoping Blizzard enables cross-faction queuing. I’m hoping the next patch ushers in a new age of cooperation between Horde and Alliance, allowing cross-faction battlegrounds, as well as, even, cross-faction guilds. Other MMOs have done this with success.

3 Likes

Good point. I guess she is better than Baine (which to me is like saying she’s beter than a cockroach that betrays even its own fellow cockroaches).

The main thing I like about her is she is powerful. Her abilities while channeling the Loa is something the Horde needs to settle lore debates, especially when Jaina has nuclear bomb-frostbombs and Malfurion can just eat an army with vines.

Prior to BFA all we had was a lady who could turn into smoke, an archer, and a bunch of dudes with big axes who cry often.

Exactly, this is me 100%.

I’m not an “RPer” but I do like to play on RP realms because I like to have it around me. It helps with immersion, which helps me having fun.

I may not “RP”, but I have in my mind an idea of who this character is, what she wants, etc. It’s not just a stack of cooldowns, gear, and toolbars.

1 Like