Why is There Even a Debate on Cross Faction BGS

OMG I’m :joy::joy::joy: rn.

I liked templates and thought it was good for the overall health of the game.

That said, I did not like my particular template and I advocated for more haste. Some form of customization/tweaking was needed.

1 Like

Well that’s just not true. They could easily revert changes they make down the road. If anything, I think epics would really benefit from it more than anything. Healer and winrates feel real good in the 10/15 mans. So maybe test it in epic BGs?

Agreed completely. I more meant the people who opposed templates because they insisted that some players had a stat advantage over others.

It’s a totally sensical opinion and I respect it, but it’s not consistent with the position that faction identity should go out the window for shorter queues and ease of matchmaking.

1 Like

On paper I’d agree. But with public support and opinion at an all time low, would they want to risk one (and maybe two if reverted) changes that are huuuuuuuuuge to the identity of the game?

Don’t just think of player opinion, think of gaming news cycles. “WoW doing so bad they hotfixed out the faction conflict”.

I’m not saying they would ever do it, but you can’t argue the benefits it would have

Maybe after Sylvanas saves the world and holds hands and skips out of the void with anduin and thrall nobody will be able to say anything about removing the faction conflict.

1 Like

That’s a good point.

Inb4 kumbaya

“You think you want it, but you don’t.”

Queue times would improve but would cause a landslide of bad things. Then raiders would complain they want to pug with the other faction, eventually the concept of guilds/server/faction community would further deteriorate, the list goes on.

Every single element of the social structure of this game, and for better or worse the storytelling, is based around the notions that there are two separate teams.

1 Like

Has absolutely nothing to do with queue times. More to do with healer balance and winrates per side

What if it actually made no difference? I highly doubt one faction has more healers than the other. And i manage to somehow win “lost” games. Not all the time of course, but I have and will. And I’m nobody special. All you have to do is try.

Hmm you should try mercing some epics. Try for like a week

1 Like

Yep, good point.

Why not remove the language barrier between factions and allow us to queue with one another for dungeons and raids. With a larger player pool, the benefits can’t be denied and since the lore is already dead… why not?

I’m usually not onboard with slippery slope reasoning but it raises important questions here.

Eh, I’m not sure that’s necessary tbh. I’m very much paying attention, and if/when the Alliance house of cards collapses I am witnessing it. Obviously I’m not seeing the chat, but is “go die in the trash, craplords” that hard to mentally insert?

Ofc it’s necessary if you post about people trying on here. Not that I win all horde epics but there is a major difference in the two. Again, regular randoms are fine.

Well the cause of Alliance’s epic struggles is simply that they feel bad. If they actually grew a pair and never gave up, their win rate would skyrocket.

That all being said, having to make a huge change to the fundamentals of this game’s feel and vibe simply because of hurt feelers would be a very tragic thing to see.

I think they should attack the quitter problem in other ways.

1 Like

I played a Horde AV last night where Alliance dipped all the way down to 27 players around the 8 minute mark due to quitters. Needless to say, the rest of the match was pretty uneventful :joy:

Someone in the chat joked about “oh noes guys, we lost 2 reinforcements THEY’RE CATCHING UP!” when our reinforcements were something like 697 to their 200-ish :laughing:

Man, you ain’t kidding when you say “I shift+tab after the first teamfight to check the charts, and Alliance clears out pretty quick” :joy:

I would just like to say that last night in AV, Horde tried to hold us off on the ground between IBT and TP, which eventually ended up in a weird turtle. It was an interesting game. We even had a group of us kill Galv. We won the reinforcement fight in the end. Lots of people communicating and everyone pulling together to get things done. It does happen where we dig in our heels and fight.

WG is the only BG that is beyond terrible to play as Alliance. The only one.

We lose anywhere from 5 to 15 in IoC if Hangar fight is lost (and it usually is). We do get quick backfills (not that they’ll be happy about it).

That said, turning around IoC can be pretty fun (when people are on the same page and it works)

Yeah IoC and AV are pretty much crapshoots. I’ll never understand why WG has such a stigma over there. I’ve seen some Ally groups do extremely well. They jusst have to want to.

Oh man you’re missing out! Drustvar is just so cool… Wicked story and it’s just so eery and creepy (if you like that kind of stuff I guess). It was my favorite with zandalari and voldun being close seconds… The zombie trolls were pretty eh. I also liked stormsong valley with the terror under the sea…

Lore was definitely on par for this expansion (other than the start where apparently we thought it would be a good idea to kill a bunch of civillians or still follow a witch who kills her own and raises them as undead? :thinking:).