Why is There Even a Debate on Cross Faction BGS

This seems ridiculous! the people calling for this change clearly are constantly losing bgs and view the opposing side as unbeatable. Should this somehow happen the immediate result will be a complete F U to anyone who enjoys lore, the idea horde and alliance are in a sense always going to fight each other. Yes there are cases they worked together but the fundamentals of the game would be overlooked. Furthermore the pvp inbalance would not change. It would lead to a lot of confusion and frustration for those hordies who expect hardcore teammates to get a bloody alliance with missing gear or gear from the last expansion. I cant speak for everyone and I refuse to but should that happen merc mode would need to be removed and my sub goes out the window. I only play alliance and I know the struggle, just need to get good make some plays coordinate and work together.

3 Likes

At least we still get fish from the boxes.

79 Likes

I the cut of your jib.

Anyone who is against mixed faction BGs but supportive of merc mode for only one faction makes absolutely no sense.

Not sure if you are one of those, but there it is.

[edit]
Also when people make posts like these why don’t they at least post on a 120 they play fairly regularly?

2 Likes

It’s a ludicrous notion on some level to “switch” AV around. Yeah, sure.

To have faster queues without having to change your character?

which get you 850 Azerite power.
Same goes with the other mats.

Not much RPG left anyway, so meh.

I’ve always been Alliance, but yeah, we’re forced to work with the Horde all the time anyway. It’s really not that big of a deal to me any more (at least in retail). Don’t really care either way.

because i dont care about the lore at all. Bfa is an extraordinarily poor excuse to not do this. the lore is bloated, full of plot armor and just down right bad to be honest

i would go further than just cross faction, i would make it 100% faction less. just fill two teams with the people in the queue

2 Likes

Because it would most likely be opt in and essentially merc mode for both factions.

I wouldn’t mind it only if I could play with the Alliance only. I would not want to play with Horde. Like in RBGs. I wouldn’t mind playing against Alliance or Horde. And vice versa. Playing WITH Horde just makes everything feel wrong. Very wrong. There is an underlying roleplay aspect to PvP inside of my head, even if it’s not very dominant.

4 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Nope don’t want em. If you want faster Qs, don’t roll the fotm populist faction.
Merc mode is bad enough.

4 Likes

The lore is dead, might as well make the gameplay better.

3 Likes

Or the people calling for this change see the complaints on this forum about BG balance and know one of the ways to “fix” any problems players have would be to merge the playerbase. I have np winning BGs, but I still think merging factions would bring even better balance/winrates for some

Hardly. I’m more into this expac’s story than I think any of the past few expansions.

That said, I haven’t played Alliance at all this expansion and from what I can see you guys got handed a turd sandwich for a story.

Ours is focused on faction pride (and 2 paths for it). “What is the Horde to you, and what do you want it to be?”

Yours seems someone out for vague revenge but wasn’t allowed to, and a family reunion.

2 Likes

Lore and story aside, I don’t think anyone can argue that this wouldn’t help the current state of Bgs.

1 Like

Yes but it’d be such a permanent change. One they can’t exactly take back. Deserter, like it or not, at least on paper is “variable”.

If for whatever reason there suddenly more Alliance, the merc guys would vanish. Or go to Ally towns. It’s built in such a way it never has to be a “reverted change”.

Football teams should draft each other’s players before every game too. It’d be much more fair that way.

The fans would love it! :-1:t2:

It either needs to be an opt-in/opt-out system or not happen at all.

If competition matters more to you than the MMO experience then I hope none of you advocated against templates, since that made things more even as well.

1 Like

I think what they’re saying is Queue times are more important than the MMO experience.