Why is the male version of succubus default now?

Oho…when did this change? I’ll have to dust off my lock to see about this and see if that is any better than it used to be. I stopped using the succubus because I felt her abilities were not as good as I had hoped.

1 Like

Be sure to keep him well fed and hydrated. :rofl:

1 Like

It’s not random, but if you’ve been around long enough to have used the succubus, it will default to that, post change

Why is it ok for OP to be comfortable with the half naked Succubus but not comfortable with the incubus? Why is that an issue? If it isnt an orientation issue then I dont know why you feel like the OP should be comfortable with one and not the other and why they should be fine with both.

They do not complain about being given the option but how the option was implemented. Or rather how it was forced instead of left as default with the option to take the quest and do it if you wanted the other option. It isnt optional until you go and choose one. To have one or the other you have to go do the quest.

When you log in your summon succubus spell was the default but is replaced with a dual demon button. To change it back to one or the other you have to go turn something in to make it one or the other or leave it. So OP went from it being the something like 18 year old default demon to random.

What the OP is saying, or at least what Im saying, is why do it this way verse what I already outlined as an alternative approach that could have just as easily been the default approach? Ill copy and paste it though for clarity…because there is a difference and it isnt textbook hypocrisy I think you are just misunderstanding or being difficult intentionally.

“Would be much better to get a quest as you level for this or on a higher level toon to have the quest pop up to teach you about it when you first log in after its implementation instead of this nonsense. Leave it default and let the quest teach ppl about an alternative demon.”

If it was done as qouted above…the OP would then actually have a choice where with current implementation they wanted the original demon so they had no choice, ironically enough. I didnt change it over for 2 or 3 months because I didnt feel like it. I used a different demon though. Who needs Felguard or VW for old content? I use succubus or felhunter.

Its the same as the telemarketer example. In principle and concept. You can choose to interpret that differently and/or ignore the core basic principle but that doesnt change that its under the same umbrella.

The only thing you are essentially calling out is the OPs preference as there is no hypocrisy in pointing out that this could have been done as more an opt in than having to go to trainer and choose. They are fundamentally different and at this point I really think thats been VERY thoroughly explained.

I have said everything that can be said and interpretation is up to the reader and you are free to take the last word.

1 Like

Judaism predates Christianity.

…so, yes.

Ya thats really what it is and like I pointed out in another reply in this thread, its ironically not ok for OP to not be ok with the male version, but its ok for others to not be ok with OPs perspective/preference/opinion and respect it even if they disagree. He gets attacked lol…crazy. Some people want their perspective to be respected but cant respect someone elses.

Instead of a simple conversation it turns in to flaming OP. Id say that’s GD but its people and life tbh. If only it were limited to WoW GD.

Good times.

1 Like

Funnily enough this is what I think of you because like 90% of your post has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

The OP has said they should have left the default demon with the option to then change it to the male rather than what you’re saying.

In other words, they are okay with Blizzard doing to other what they find unacceptable that has been done to them. If people shouldn’t get the version of the demon that makes them uncomfortable, why is it okay for the OP to ask for the succubus to be the default?

Beyond that I keep not really bothering with the rest of your posts because, while I agree with your implementation of it, it’s not super relevant to the point I’m trying to make.

People were “attacking” the OP because they had an only half valid point mixed up in hypocrisy, not because anybody genuinely gives a damn what gender they find attractive.

I would have thought this has been VERY thoroughly explained, but apparently not.

4 Likes

She’s kinda sub-par for PvE, just doesn’t have the damage. PvP Seduction remains as annoying as ever, in addition to the slow!

I don’t remember how it was for my 'Lock, haven’t played her for a bit! It seemed random to me…either way I was able to change it to my preference!

Default is random.

If it’s not random, it’s because the game’s algorithm has already figured out what you like.

The naked dude chick should be optional not default.

Fixed it for you.

2 Likes

Hot damn.

1 Like

Thanks didn’t know this, I never use the succubus anyways but the icon was new so I had to click it :laughing:

Looks like it worked out since he got the answer.

Why should it be default female/make people who want the male one to wait until X level to get it? Making it so it is default random seems the most equitable thing.

4 Likes

It’s not actually randomized… it cycles back and forth… if you summoned the incubus then the next casting will summon succubus and vice-versa…

I was playing around with it earlier on my warlock where I haven’t gone back to set it yet and got the same demon multiple times in a row.

It definitely seemed random, though I could always get whichever demon within like 3-4 casts at most.

1 Like

How dare this game take up any of my time doing the things I don’t want to be doing!

Could always try not being lazy?

Being considered lazy in games is actually big plus for me. Lazzy gamers are successful in real life which matter.

Point is thye should never add random summon. IT should have been glyph or just quest to change appearance. This is more pushing certain agenda to evreyone instead of just giving a option to choose from. I don’t give a rats a$$ what is your choice or personal view, but as long as its only yours and not pushed in front of my nose as choice that I have to choose or decline then its a issue.

How you know it’s a guy? Maybe they identify as female? :slight_smile:

Again choices I don’t need to participate in.

What “agenda is being pushed” by having more than one sort of underclad demon that summons randomly unless selected?

1 Like