Why is the male version of succubus default now?

Is this a joke or what? I didn’t play on my warlock since 9.2.5 and summoned my pretty girl just to see a naked guy pop up in front of me.
I tough they are optional instead its vice versa.
Are they determined by gender of your character or what? Now I have to leave the zone just so I could do that quest to probably choose default option

7 Likes

It’s not: By default it randomizes between the Succubus and Incubus, and is labeled, “Summon Syaaad”. You can speak to a Warlock trainer to set your preference.

77 Likes

Thank you!

10 Likes

My guess is that the OP cast it once and then rushed to the forums to complain.

50 Likes

My very happy Warlock.

27 Likes

Actually its not random for me its always dude. I tough maybe because my character female , but again it should be optional.

Now I have to spend 5 minutes running to SW, and flying back to zone to continue leveling because blizzards fault

2 Likes

How does it take you that long to get to SW?

13 Likes

Even longer if I have to do it for no reason

A one time trip to SW isn’t going to kill you. Have you ever heard of the term, “first world problem”? And why are you even using your succubus?

26 Likes

Well, while you’re there, you can set your Hearthstone to Stormwind so then you can more swiftly return there for whatever reason you need to be there for!

Although I wouldn’t recommend Hearthing just to save five minutes…

5 Likes

Both of you have right its not such a hustle to change it, but I tough when they introduced it that it will be optional. Default demon pops and gives you either quest. But for me so far its not random its always that dude. I don’t need chippendale on my screen, ill rather have Perfect 10

1 Like

To be fair, OP was probably still used to the spell just summoning the usual npc (like it had for over a decade) and got confused when that didn’t happen first time like the millions of times before. Blizz should not have changed the default. The default setting in any application is a huge thing since it affects everyone. To me the logical course of action would be to leave the default as it had been from vanilla since that is what everyone is used to and those who want to change it, can. This is a far more logical and pragmatic approach to the matter.

8 Likes

Dear god how will you survive?

35 Likes

God forbid people should have options and you have to do something to choose your option.

17 Likes

How dare the world not revolve around you!!!

20 Likes

Oh hello 911 crusader. Yea I don’t have option they forced the first choice on me. That naked dude should be optional not default

2 Likes

I’m not sure what this means or has to do with anything.

You do have options. You simply have dice constantly rolling a 2 instead of a 1. And you can change it. You aren’t forced into anything when you have ways to change it.

11 Likes

I’m very sorry that he made you feel… things.

Take this opportunity to explore yourself as a person. You might learn something.

28 Likes

For 2 hours playing this morning I keep trying to see if its gonna change but it wont

How does it feel?
Really, think about how it feels.
Now, think about feeling like that baseline because you can’t escape it.

1 Like