Why is the male version of succubus default now?

Never did understand all the hype over the incubus or all the drama over which is better and sexism blah blah blah. I always just thought, “Who even uses the succubus? It totally sucks.” lol

I get it man.
You had one too many drinks. Happens to the best of us.

1 Like

I wonder why some people are uncomfortable with the incubus but not the succubus. It’s so confusing.

10 Likes

I always got the male when I summoned mine after logging in and finding out they had changed it.

To some it seems not a big deal to have to go to stormwind to correct bad implementation but I think it was poorly done.

Would be much better to get a quest as you level for this or on a higher level toon to have the quest pop up to teach you about it when you first log in after its implementation instead of this nonsense. Leave it default and let the quest teach ppl about an alternative demon.

I think it sucks for the same reason ppl are essentially attacking you for being frustrated with it. They find your response petty while failing to see that their response to your valid point is petty as well. Circle of life I suppose.

Hopefully going forward we will get quests to teach us about newly implemented demons instead of having stuff randomly changed and having to go back and select our preference again.

1 Like

Then go to Lock trainer and change to perma Succubus. It’s not the big a deal ,really , it’s not. But you seem determined to make it more than it needs to be… And Blizzard’s fault?? I can’t stop laughing, that sounds more like a user issue who didn’t bother to go to Trainers to fix.

1 Like

Saying that Blizzard could have implemented it better would be a valid point.

At the same time it’s not like going back to Stormwind for 5 minutes is actually a big deal. This is a MMO, and we have to go back to cities for a lot of things.

Though the real reason people are picking on the OP is because they seem almost offended by the idea that a half naked man is on his screen.

It also seems a tad hypocritical to say “half naked sexy woman is okay, half naked sexy man is bad and you shouldn’t make people look at that!”.

16 Likes

Tad, shmad. It’s Death Star-sized.

1 Like

Same!

2 Likes

Hahaha! Awesome!

Why should it matter? If your orientation leads you to prefer a half naked female why is that hypocritical? I dont think it is at all.

Im sure op is fine with you using a half naked man if you want. I know Im fine with it. Use a half naked murloc if you want idc. Its your summoned demon.

I did say better implemenation would be better or at least that the implemenation was poor. same thing I think really. Thats clearly true. I also have no doubt that some ppl dont always word things well and others do and the ones who do word things well are saying what the op in this case is failing to say well. So are we chastising this person because of what we think offends him and doesnt or what his preferences are or arent, or are we focusing on the principle of the situation here? Seems a lot more like the former.

If it isnt a big deal to go back to stormwind then it wouldnt have been a big deal to let the player be made aware of the choice instead of forcing them into spending time, however trivial the amount of time appears to be, on opting out of something they didnt want in the first place. The qoute you provided says that but ive reiterated it. Neither effort is a big deal here but it isnt about time or preference its about the principle.

Like getting random texts selling you something or wasting time answering a local number to find out its some nonsense marketing. It isnt much time to answer and hang up…but you shouldnt have to and there is no way to opt out even on do not call lists. Then there either way its more of you dealing with sometbing you have to do that you didnt want to etc.

Principle not example…or specifics…

And yes I can see what the OP is possibly really saying but just as some are comfortable with a half naked woman, some are uncomfortable with a half naked man and vice versa and if you are uncomfortable with something, it really shouldnt matter what side of any fence you are on. Its unwanted…and it feels worse when its imposed on you.

2 Likes

There really isn’t a “male” succubus.

Males are incubi, females are succubi.

Blizzard doesn’t exactly understand or respect the mythology they took these from.

Pppsstt… You should get one of these. It cuts down on time going to SW.

1 Like

Hmmm thats a good point!

Repression, toxic masculinity, and “gay panic”.

You’re playing a moose minotaur.

Maybe accept that Blizzard has never exactly stuck to the mythological roots.

12 Likes

Who here is laughing hysterically while imagining the OP’s squeamishness when confronted by a cartoon version of a Chippendale dancer?
:raising_hand_woman:

4 Likes

Who here is questioning why 40 people are dog piling OP? I get it, you’re insecure and you need validation, but, how many hours of patting each other on the back do you really need?

4 Likes

I don’t recall that the race I’m playing is called “Minotaurs” - I have no problem at all with Blizzard making up their own races.

I do have a problem with the cultural appropriation involved in using the NAME of something from a mythology and then corrupting it, redefining it, or otherwise irreverantly altering it without any reason other than, “We liked the name, so we took it.”

Incubi and succubi are part of a religious tradition. It’s not a currently popular one, but it is one. I’m not sure Christians would be entirely happy with Kul’Tirans being called “Messiahs” or “Christs” or “Apostles” or whatnot to the same degree that they’re perfectly fine with playing games with the religious iconography and creatures of other religions.

1 Like

So much irony in that considering the OP’s reaction to partial male nudity, even in cartoon form.

6 Likes

So, he’s obligated to look at partial nudity, or he doesn’t pass some sort of purity test in your eyes? I get it.

1 Like

Oh please. “Cultural appropriation” of a mythology nobody subscribes to anymore? You’re really reaching here. Like at Rubberman levels.

6 Likes