Why is the dead beta still going on?

if blizzard idnt going to raise the cap anymore why is it still online?shouldnt they shut off the beta at this going there is nothing to do in it.

also we will get a classic wow with out the 50-60 content tested and it will be a buggy mess.

3 Likes

50-60 content is essentially a linear path and extremely limited compared to 1-40. It can be internally tested.

9 Likes

It’s also Canada day today and Independence Day on Thursday. I wouldn’t expect a lot of news or anything this week.

2 Likes

So we can see what’ll start to happen at level 60.

because after the advertising Beta they switched focus to their real project Retail. maybe there will be a beta later that isnt just advertisers

3 Likes

There is no need to beta test 15 year old content…even if beta has limited players now. In what way is leaving it up hurting your game op?

Oh sod off, Ziryus. We get it, you and a select few people think Classic’s not capable of retaining players.

Why are you even here then?

15 Likes

I have a feeling when the “hype” for 8.2 dies down and we get closer to the next stress test. They will increase the level cap to 50. I don’t see 50 to 60 happening though as much of the content can be accessible just by being 50.

It’s the beta, people don’t want to play it if there just going to lose their characters… most people are waiting for the real thing. Of course its not going to be as popular as it will be when its live.

2 Likes

Well thats kind of a given when you have such a limited player base in beta as is XD

1 Like

I don’t think Canada day means anything to an American company.

2 Likes

Probably to test content. The beta isn’t there for a bunch of people to screw around, it’s for testing. Most people just choose to use it to screw around.

I agree, the beta is pointless at this point, people have flocked away from it, even the streamers. There’s no point for it to exist unless they let more people in and let them test the same content to see the bugs that others can find, which they won’t do, and that’s cool. Might as well just shut 'er down.

10 bucks says it’s because modern blizz is too corporate to release next to FF14 xpac.

1 Like

They released 8.2 the same week as the FFXIV expac so they already did release next to FFXIV’s expac.

1 Like

They really need to raise the level cap on the beta. But they dont want to overlap with 8.2 cuz blizzard retail dev feewings may get booboo.

1 Like

Thats just a patch.

Err content update. Not a major release.

did you not see all the bugs in the beta? and retail still has bugs…lol.

1 Like

The reason is pretty simple, OP. Let’s say with current stress tests and Beta feedback, there’s 2’500 hours worth of bug fixes but the classic team is only made of 10 dedicated dev’s to that matter that can work on fixing bugs a maximum of 3-4 hours a day.
Why would you invite more people to the beta and potentially add feedbacks from players that would add more hours of work, redundant for the most part, while the previous data gathered during stress tests and beta aren’t done being proceeded ?

Makes no sense.

Geez, why can’t people understand that there are bottlenecks in project management and adding more water than the watermill can proceed doesn’t do any good ?

2 Likes

well classic wow lainches in 3 months we have the world retail crap for the next month that leaves the classic beta going no where for another month then a month after classic launches.

they mite as well shut it down.