Why is the dead beta still going on?

So you sort those into the same bucket and ignore redundancies. Sure, there’s a bottleneck, but if they’ve got so much work they cannot handle it, they should be expanding their team or pushing back release. An entire class is broken, so much content haven’t been tested, professions haven’t been fully tested, there’s a lot that still needs shaking out.

1 Like

“Beta” is a misnomer. This is nothing more than a hype machine, PR stunt. They aren’t fooling anyone. I’m fine with it though. The real thing is ultimately all that matters. Two months from now no one will care anymore.

1 Like

and because of 8.2 and the world first nothing will happen classic wow will launch with 50-60 content broken…lol

1 Like

wrong. 1-40 is just a few zones of relatively straight forward quest and a few dungeons with simple, almost trivial encounters. there are more lvl 50-60 dungeons and more lvl 50-60 quests than there are level 1-40 quests and dungeons, with increasingly complex quest chains, scripted events, and more complex and difficult dungeon encounters that require more tuning. nevermind the raids and the extra complexity added due to the increase in skills/talents available at level 50-60 that can lead to even more bugs and the fact that once players hit the cap, within a couple weeks for even the most casual players, people will be spending the majority of their time at 60 doing 50-60 content, so it should actually be the main focus of beta testing.

4 Likes

Wuuuttttt lol there is like 3x the content 50-60 as 1-40… BRD has the equivalent to 5 dungeons worth of quests. “In Dreams” and ony attuenement has more rp, disguises, and events then anything prior to. 60 would be the only time you can test things like hit cap and spell power coefficients. I’m forgetting a ton of things but to believe 1-40 is more “limited” testing then 50-60 is pretty ridiculous.

2 Likes

To find bugs and exploits (I would imagine?)

In your analysis, you are completely ignoring the fact that once the first wave of major fixes will be applied to the game, the situation will have evolved so much most previous feedbacks will be irrelevant.

You can’t just say “you sort and ignore redundancies” because this is not needed when working on a patch that will handle issues. They surely have a good view of where to focus their efforts and none of you have a better view than them - yet the constant eagerness to tell Blizzard how they should develop and manage their own game creation process.

1 Like

Slanders! I mean it’s not like Blizzard is in-house testing there raids and dungi’s right?

I’m not saying there isn’t marketing involved in the Closed Beta…but calling it nothing more than a hype machine / PR stunt discounts all the bugs that have been reported and fixed.

They’ve had plenty to fix, and I’m glad they are getting to it now instead of at launch…or never at all.

1 Like

8.2 just came out, why would blizzard allow Classic to intervene with new retail content? Seems counter productive.

wow classic has about 3 months left it will at least take a month for all this 8.2 world first bs and nothing will happen in the beta and wow classic launches with broken 50=60 content.

Hey, I usually agree with Blizz on things, but if they cannot fix the massive and most obvious bugs and issues (like an ENTIRE BROKEN CLASS), or even test any real content above level 40 by release, they need a bigger team to do so or to push back release. Really, end of story. Doesn’t take a software engineer or rocket scientist to understand that. Considering their reasoning for layering (and it’s being implemented with good reason) you’d think they’d be focused on having a decently polished product by lunch.

Completely agree.

There’s still more that 50 days before release, where do you see that they are not fixing them ? Just because they do not release builds directly on the beta doesn’t mean they sit on their lazy a$$es. I bet most bugs will be gone in the next few weeks. You prove exactly what I say : you have no idea what’s going on inside Blizzard’s internal work. You have no clue about what has been done today, what will be done tomorrow, and was was done last week. No clue. Thus, you shouldn’t make any statement about how much human resources Blizzard needs because I myself work in the IT of a big company and I have not a single clue if the network engineers need more or less people in their team, so how could you possibly know how many people a company you don’t even work in should hire ?

2 Likes

Most bugs with class mechanics will be detected by level 40.

Many “Quest” bugs will have been largely ignored and will go live regardless of how long beta was to go on because BETA test players are not really professional testers.

The important thing is that all the class mechanics and major bugs are sorted before launch, the rest is bonus material.

1 Like

Didn’t you just answer your own question? They will be raising the level cap just like they have been. Probably to 59, or they’ll keep raids offline.

Oh I’m not saying they’re not working on them, sorry if I came across that way. But for the rest of your post, why are they not pushing these fixes out to test them to the beta crowd to see if they work? You think more people would continue to be interested in the beta if they were actually helping test these things, these fixes. And to the original post, why aren’t they adding testers if people aren’t? Why is the level cap still 40, when the beta is nearly half over and everything over 40 still needs testing?

If they’re still working on initial issues from 30+ days ago, with so many more to yet be found and, again, an entirely broken class, they should be either adding people to their team or pushing back release date, because they certainly won’t be ready for release the way it’s going. I mean honestly, it doesn’t take being in IT to see these things.

Hunters were broken on Vanilla release. Maybe they’re trying to be more authentic…

1 Like

Bwahaha this could be so true.

First, because they don’t need to show what they are doing. Pushing a build is the “last” stage of fixing a bug and it requires a lot of work, probably (from my experience in managing IT infrastructures - mostly VMware and remote desktop farms).

And second, I don’t think they give a damn about the beta being popular or not. They most likely have enough workload, and the minute they will raise the level cap to 50, I can guarantee that the interest will be back. So again, they don’t need more feedback and probably don’t think it is needed to invite people in the beta - and the beta being dead certainly means nothing for the future of the game - If my assumptions about the current workload for bugfixes are correct though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I don’t give a damn about how popular it is either, I just would like to see as many people as possible testing for bugs so it’s a semi-polished turd instead of a raw one on release is all. :slight_smile: