Why Is The Average Casual So Complacent Or Even Happy About The 30 Instance Cap

If they’re banning thousands of bots daily, it’s likely that at the very least, not all of them were created months or weeks ago. So your claim:

is very unlikely and completely unfounded. You have no data at all to support this, and your anecdotel evidence is just as valuable as mine.

Whatever you’re saying here is pretty irrelevant to my statement. I said I see less bots. I never said I don’t see any bots.

There are less bots, anyone that states otherwise is being dishonest, as Blizzard has banned 100k bots alone just this last month.

I’m betting it’s close to 99%. Blizzard has stated that only a small handful of legitimate players were affected. The game should never be balanced around the 1%.

Hasn’t affected me yet.

^ There’s your answer.

At what point do the hundreds of thousands of corroborating anecdotes become valid data?

Right, but I’m saying you can simply look at the number of obvious bots and that number is higher.

I don’t know what realm you’re from since you’re posting on a retail character, but I have doubts that you’re seeing fewer bots.

I’m not interested in arguing about anecdotes to be quite honest. I care about the facts.

When the majority isn’t emotionally charged and doesn’t have a profit incentive for skewing data.

And I have doubts you’re seeing more or even the same amount of bots, after Blizzard has introduced this change which has greatly reduced the profit incentive of botting, and has banned 100k bots in the last month. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Maybe when they actually exist? You’re still hundreds of thousands away from that point though.

4 Likes

Even then, I would take it with a grain of salt. Most of these anecdotes come from druids, mages, and other people who abused instances in the first place.

1 Like

The most popular thread on this topic has 1.1k users. And not all of those posted against the change. Where does your “hundreds of thousands” number come from?

3 Likes

Absolutley ok, why not? Every change affects people, sometimes in a way they perceive as negative. Blizzard often implements changes/rules that they believe are for the long term health of the game. If you are arguing that they should never make a change that could negatively impact someone, well, IMO that is just silly. If that is the criteria they’d have a hard time implementing any change.

You don’t believe the change is accomplishing their purpose? Fine, but you have no access to the internal data Blizzard uses so, like the rest of us, that is just your opinion.

2 Likes

There’s a common theme with his posts on this forum.

:trolleybus:

2 Likes

Because the average casual has a sense of perspective about the game.

1 Like

As a casual, I rarely enter more than 1-2 instances a night. I log on, do some stuff in the world, join guildies for a raid or a dungeon, and a few hours are gone and I need to head to bed, because I’m 36 and can’t do all-nighters and then still function the next day like I used to.

I’ve never hit the 5 instance/hour cap, much less the 30 instance/day cap. Spamming SM as a 60 to farm gold doesn’t interest me. If I’m going into BRD, I want to do ALL of BRD, not just Arena runs. If I am hitting up DM:E, I’m not doing jump runs. I play to have fun, and distract myself from the day. A 30 instance/day cap only hampers botters and people who do nothing but spam dungeons.

2 Likes

Are you seriously suggesting that bots become profitable in under a day? Where is the data to back that up?

I find it very suspicious how so many people opposed to the limit also happen to have intimate knowledge of botting :thinking:

1 Like

Average time to boost a character to 40, where leveling can start making you gold?

I dunno, I guess I’m just thinking this is 2020, not 2004. It doesn’t take months to get to 60 anymore. We have boosting and AoE farming, and you can combine that with literally zero downtime via botting.

I didn’t say that I wanted anyone held back.

I do not care how you play UNTIL IT AFFECTS ME. You botting/no lifeing/ getting super sweaty is none of my concern.

What is my concern is when the stuff I need to buy is too expensive or the spot in a group I want is not available because of exploitive gameplay.

Also blizz didnt ask for my opinion on the subject when they made this limit. I just replied to thread asking why I am ok with the limit.

so get off deez

They never hit the cap because they play casually, perhaps?

1 Like

Exactly. Blizzard increased the time to level via boosting four-fold. They can try to level via AoE farming, but you’re more likely to get reported for doing that than you are for running instances. Hardly anyone notices bots running instances, unless they’re obsessed with reporting bots.

Seriously, the only people who even hit the 5/hour cap are people who are cheesing mechanics to spam jump runs, or rogues going in and out of UBRS to make sure Jed spawns, or similar.

1 Like

You want the simple answer? Yes it’s okay that it affects a few people and not 90%+ of the population. No one cares that a few people don’t get to mass farm instances 20 hrs out of the day. Just get over it.

2 Likes