Why is random heroics giving me Shadowlands and BFA dungeons instead of TWW dungeons?

Maybe this was something that was added when I wasn’t playing retail, but I will be honest… I don’t really want to do Shadowlands dungeons or Battle for Azeroth dungeons in TWW.

I’d much rather be doing the… ya know… current expansion dungeons? Not dungeons I’ve been through who knows how many times?

Why are we dragging back old dungeons (Especially dungeons like the Seige of Boralus, and grim batol? Seriously who asked for that?) to be mixed in with the current dungeons?

We have 8 Dungeons that we could be doing, but instead we only get 4 of them and 4 dungeons from previous expansions… because…? I never wanted to see Grim Batol again, why would you drag this back from Cataclysm?

11 Likes

It’s something they did this expansion.

For whatever reason, Heroic dungeons are the same as the M+ pool.

It sucks, I agree.

I kinda wanted to do all TWW dungeons on Heroic.

I think it’s so players can “practice” the dungeons in Heroic before moving onto M+

10 Likes

Man, it would be really nice to practice the TWW dungeons on heroic-- oh wait. I can’t…

4 Likes

Because they’re part of the Mythic+ rotation, and having them available as Heroic and Mythic 0 allows people to practice their routes and mechanics instead of having to dive straight in on a timer

3 Likes

I don’t think we should have Cataclysm, BFA and Shadowlands dungeons in current content. Did people not get sick of running those dungeons years ago?

Why would anyone want to go back to grim batol of all places?

3 Likes

You guys must be new, old dungeons started being part of season content back in shadowlands, little late to the party.

2 Likes

In fairness this is the first time they’ve been part of the available Heroic dungeons

2 Likes

Well, they’re relevant to the theme of the expansion.

Grim Batol was actually supposed to have Skardyn in it (a boss drops an item called Skardyn’s Grace) but they never completed the models in time or something, and we got stone troggs instead. It’s a dwarven dungeon, so it’s relevant.

Siege of Boralus, well it has to do with the void monsters of the deep.

Mists from Shadowlands is less relevant, I think it was chosen because it was just a decent M+ dungeon.

1 Like

You know what’s even more Relevant than all of those? The TWW dungeons that exist in game, but can’t be random heroics.

This is a dumb decision.

7 Likes

Not really, they aren’t in the season 1 M+ rotation

If you want to do the other dungeons on heroic that badly that you can’t wait for them to be in rotation, then form a group manually

1 Like

I mean. Am I the only one that finds it weird I have to wait potentially months to just random heroic half the new dungeons, of current expansion content, because for some reason they decided to add this to heroics?

This is a dumb change.

2 Likes

Practice for what?

1 Like

Read up on it

1 Like

No, it isn’t a dumb decision.

Again, it’s a way for players to get familiar with the dungeons that will be part of M+ for the first season, and gear up their characters with gear from those dungeons so that they’re relevant.

When Season 2 starts the heroic dungeons will change, you’ll get another 4 TWW dungeons and another 4 from past content, again so folks can practice before they jump into M+.

It’s actually far better for all players this way. If you want to do a specific TWW dungeon on heroic that isn’t part of the rotation due to it not being part of M+ for Season 1, you still have the option to pick that dungeon specifically. So this whole complaint is a non-issue.

3 Likes

Why tho? Are you planning to run M0s or M+ on those dungeons?
If so, you’ll get the chance to do so in S2 with the rest of us. If not, what would you be “practicing” in heroic?

1 Like

I don’t want to do decades old content or years old content. I want to do the new content I just paid the expansion fee for.

4 Likes

You can change it to just tww heroics the same way you would change it to normal

1 Like

How do I do that?

I have the option to do TWW Dungeons, but not heroics. Or I have the option to do TWW Season 1 “Heroics”

If there is a way to toggle off these old dungeons I am more than happy to do so, because I have no intrest in literally decade old content. (Seriously screw Grim batol)

But I’m not seeing an option to just random heroic dungeons without having to slog through the old content.

2 Likes

All those FF shills asking blizzard to be more like FF ruining the game. Keeping content relevant for 10 years shouldn’t be a thing.

2 Likes

this right here. they should of had a option random TWW Heroic and or Random Season 1 Heroics

1 Like