Why is multiboxing allowed?

Stop. Blizzard is getting more money. THAT is the entire reason they allow multi-boxing. Doesn’t matter whether my eccentric uncle left me a fortune or I buy a token some fool got off the shop. I am buying extra accounts. They aren’t giving them away ffs.

My uncle’s money, my mom’s money, my own money, some fool’s money . . . it doesn’t matter. I’m the one buying the account. It doesn’t matter how I pay for it. And if I don’t fork over that extra money, I play one toon at a time. Pretty much the way the game was designed to be played. But as long as Blizzard is making bank they don’t care.

1 Like

It may be true that I can hop on retail and play legion or bfa without buying the xpacs . . . I honestly don’t know. I was assuming you had to buy the xpacs. Either way it doesn’t matter since I haven’t touched retail in years and don’t ever plan to again.

Multi boxing is in fact a program that mirrors movement from one WoW window to 4 others. However, if you want to troll these multiboxers, kill one of their characters which in result makes them stop the program, find which character died, and run it back to their body. It’s a huge PIA for them.

get a new job, you are clueless

Agreed. I don’t play on a PvP server, btw.

But WoW was never designed for people to play more than one toon at a time. They don’t allow me to play all my toons on the same account at the same time, only if I buy another account can I do that.

The only reason Blizzard allows multi-boxing is because they make money by doing so. That’s it. There’s nothing else left.

1 Like

Maybe? So 5 characters can’t kill mobs and elites more easily?

Farm? Really… Again, 5 characters can’t kill things faster?

And how exactly is getting materials not faster? Again, you can kill all mobs carrying or near it faster, so what is the issue?

This needs to be stickied so these threads can stop popping up.

I think it would very beneficial if the people who hate multiboxers with a passion would at least describe how they got their hole destroyed.

Not the people who don’t “care” for it. The people who start these threads and sound like they are frothing at the mouth. I’d really enjoy hearing their stories.

Need to touch yourself or something?

Generally mulitboxers kill 1 mob (or enemy player) at a time then the drops / resources from that kill are divided up amoung the 5 characters , yes they kill them faster but it’s not 5x faster (using a 5 character multibox team as an example)

The key factor is 4 more people. Controling 5 characters via keycloning as a single player is literally multiplying the power of 1 player by 5.

1 Like

I doubt that very much. And even so, they are all “your” characters. It’s like filling up a bank alt that’s also getting xp.

Show us on the avatar where the 5 bad people touched you.

2 Likes

Hey, math is hard…

Cause of the moneh…

More like 3, a 3 man group can destroy a multiboxer, they have severe limitations, especially in movement.

one warlock with a howl in the middle of the group makes their day go from bad to worse quickly.

That may or may not be true. Blizzard/Activision has never come out and said, we get more money that is why we do it.

They have discussed this topic many times. They have made several assertions why they allow it and never mentioned money.

This does not make your claim untrue, but it also does not make it fact.

Some time spent searching the forums and you can see the previous discussions on the subject with input from Blizzard.

1 Like

My assumptions on how boxing works vs. how boxing actually works.

tiftfy

So explain how we’re wrong…