Why is multiboxing allowed?

I don’t fault you for not wanting to know how it works. You don’t like it. You don’t agree with it. Nor choose to do it. Though speaking from a perspective that you do, is the very definition of ignorant.

1 Like

It’s actually not. Hundreds of game ruining things could be allowed that don’t “affect you”. Not to mention, they do affect me unless that person never interacts with anyone including the AH.

What have I said about it that’s wrong?

Edit: I guess nothing.

So you are changing the specifics from Blizz makes more money from a multiboxer as opposed to a solo player to…

Overall since there are more solo players than multiboxers Blizz makes more money off solo players…

Goalpost = moved.

Level maybe, farm xp probably farm materials definitely not.

I never moved a damn thing, I was always saying that in the grand scheme Multiboxing account money is a drop in the bucket.

It was you who interpreted it somehow that 1 solo person makes them more, like what? No one would believe that, of course 1 solo player makes them less sub wise

No, I am right. Just because you haven’t played retail doesn’t mean the ability to earn gold in retail is not there. You don’t even need to buy the latest expansion, you can play the auction house. Try again, seems your problem is you are mad other people have money that you don’t.

I wish you knew how an open economy works, so you would understand why you are wrong, but I can tell that you do not…

but multiboxers can not effect the economy like you think they can…

1 Like

What a stupid thing to say. I hope they cry when their dog dies. Crying when your pet dies doesn’t make you whiny and entitled - it means you aren’t a sociopath.

If you don’t cry then you should never be allowed to own a pet. Or live among other humans for that matter.

5 Likes

Not in classic at least, they can only farm kills faster for BoEs, they’re SoL on gathering though, it’s not like retail where nodes are gatherable for a bit for everyone.

1 Like

Saying multibox is not automation is splitting hairs.

Yes you are hitting a key stroke, but a program is sending that key to other instances.

Its not botting, but its definitely a form of automating.

Blizz says it is ok, so whatever, but unless you have the keyboard connected to 5 different machines or use 5 hands, its automation. You are replicating a keystroke

This is why they are ok with it, the software does the same thing you can do with this setup

Im not arguing whether its ok to do. I honestly don’t care either way. Im saying as someone who is in the business of automation for over 20 years, its automation

1 Like

I never said it wasn’t. Stop making sh@t up. I also have a phone. Doesn’t mean I’m going to buy or play Diablo Immortal. Not going to buy legion or bfa either.

Blizzard gets extra money for extra accounts. That’s a fact. If they get their extra money, you get your extra account. I can’t play all my characters at the same time unless I give Blizzard more money. Also a fact.

Semantics, but you have a sub, so you have legion :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems the only one here making stuff up is you. I explained how one can pay for a WoW subscription without using real money of their own and your head exploded, then you went off on an unrelated tangent. Maybe it’s naptime?

Doesn’t matter what you, or me, or anyone else thinks honestly, it’s not automation by Blizzard’s standards

2 Likes

Reece, I am not trying to be argumentative against you. But, there are really millions of people playing classic and most of them are not reading nor posting on these forums. Those on these forums are just a small fraction of players.

Those that are against “boxers” on these forums, I will assume, are mostly Pvp players. And there are numerous posts on “fair”. I have played several years on Pvp servers on both EQ2 and Wow (non-boxing), there is no fairness.

And those complaining about boxers farming dungeons. Not many or likely. And you will see other non-boxer posts how they can no longer farm “X” or “Y” doesn’t drop as frequently. So, what am I to comment on?

1 Like

You do understand that people multibox without doing that right?
You open 3 worlds and alt-tab and use macros… I do it all the time and did it in EQ… trying to pretend I am doing something “automating” is ridiculous…

2 Likes

Multiboxers can F right off. Just wasting everyone else’s time taking over entire quest areas cause they can one shot things while normal people need to strategically fight. D bags.

1 Like