Why is multiboxing allowed?

It’s stupid. It’s practically botting.

18 Likes

cuz blizzard wants more money, thread over.

46 Likes

Agreed, don’t see how using a third party program for an unfair advantage is allowed.

8 Likes

They tolerate it, nothing more. When it comes down to it. What is the result
of your lone character going up against five characters, each controlled by
a separate person? Your character is going to die.

What is the result of your lone character going up against five characters
all controlled by a multiboxer (MB for short)? Your character is going to
die.

The outcome is the same. So they tolerate it. If they ever decided to
ruin it because of something a MB was doing. They would end it.
The same way they ended follow in BGs, and twinks in normal Bgs.
Those effected more people than banning MB would.

2 Likes

that’s the thing. 5 characters controlled by 5 people is legitimate, 5 controlled by one is not. You can’t justify it by saying “well you would die if it was 5 actual humans but it’s not so oh well”

19 Likes

Except its not 5 people. Its 1 person benefitting from cheating and making himself 5 people.

12 Likes

This. It’s the dumbest argument I’ve ever seen but because blizzard said it other dummies say it too

8 Likes

The amount of people using virgin as an insult is higher than I thought, too.

5 individually controlled characters should never lose to 5 controlled by one person. If you do, it’s your fault.

10 Likes

5 characters controlled by 5 people would destroy 5 characters controlled by 1 person tho.

16 Likes

Wouldn’t even take 5, 2 or 3 could do it with the way it works.

4 Likes

Not even close.

12 Likes

Ahhhhh… Our daily “I don’t understand multi-boxing and it makes me mad” thread.

18 Likes

In the words of blizzard

"Game Master Raftwill here!

Thank you for reporting that player’s suspicious behavior, and for helping us keep Azeroth a pleasant place to play.

What you have reported appears to be a player engaging in the practice of “multi-boxing” or, essentially, controlling multiple characters at a time. This practice in and of itself is not considered a violation of policy. Consider that whether one player is controlling four characters, or if four players are controlling one each, there are still the same number of characters in play.

Furthermore, there are strategies you can utilize to disrupt one player controlling four far easier than a group of coordinated players with their own reflexes and autonomy.

That being said, there is always the possibility that something illicit may be in use, so we will investigate the matter. Due to privacy concerns, I will be unable to share any details of our investigation, but under that same policy, rest assured that your report is handled anonymously :slight_smile:

Thank you for contacting us, and best of luck in your adventures :)"

5 Likes

which is just a dodge, it is quite literally cheating, 4 characters are being controlled by a 3rd party program. i believe that is called BOTTING

you cant log into your buddies account and box with 2 people but some loser cheating with 5+ characters is ok.

logic.exe has encountered an error.

8 Likes

Everyone understands that it is cringey beyond belief and is a giant badge of shame that tells everyone you’re a complete scrub at video games, lol.

5 Likes

5 computers, 1 keyboard and mouse connect to all 5, there, just did the same thing without any programs.

3 Likes

It’s botting if it’s automation, not if it’s a program cloning the key press. If a player is at the keyboard telling the game what to do it is not botting.

8 Likes

Because Blizzard is fueled by the endless tears from the people who make threads like this every single day.

5 Likes

I run two accounts on the same name on the same computer and play with both screens up at the same time (i upgrade my starter edition account to classic, which cost nothing but the sub). I have a /follow and 4 rotation macros. All my hunter can do without me stopping to control his screen directly is follow, assist, and shoot. And I have to manually stop him before he gets to the dead zone, there is no stopfollow command. From there he doesn’t move at all unless I directly control him. How is this botting or cheating?

4 Likes

the mental gymnastics being done in this thread to defend cheaters is at an olympic gold medal level.

9 Likes