Why is multiboxing allowed?

I agree with OP. Multi boxing shouldn’t be allowed. The statement blizzard gave about 4 players vs 1 player playing 4 players is the same is crap. This isn’t how the game was designed to be played or else it would be an easy option for all players to do. It would be as simple as having an addon and you wouldn’t need 5 accounts to do it. The game would allow you to log into 5 of your characters already.

The game was designed for a player to play one character, alliance or horde at a time. They didn’t advertise the game as bundle package. Hey buy 5 accounts so you can play 5 characters at the same time.

Next they will gimp Mara Princess runs. Too many people farming the Princess all day.

Hello all. I see these MB from time to time and read a few of the posts but this is the first time I’m going to reply. I MB 5 toons. Shammy healer, warrior tank, 2 mages and a lock.

I think there might be some confusion on the benefits and reasons people MB, along with the negatives. Obviously I can’t speak of every MB out there. I just started doing this right after classic came out so keep that in mind also.

The main benefit, and reason I started doing it, was the ease of getting into dungeons and running them efficiently. That’s it. Like pretty much everyone else I just want to play and get some loot. I got tired of looking for dungeons only to find a group to only have to wait for people to finish that last quest, feed the dog, grab a smoke, etc. I get it, people got sh!t to do, but I don’t get to play that often so this made things quicker. Not to mention people reserving loot and just being general a$$hats.

Other than that I can do the harder (elite) quests without looking for groups but that’s hardly that great.

At some point I’ll have 3 tailors who will have 3 mooncloth cooldowns which will be nice also but it’s not exactly going to throw the economy into shambles either.

I don’t, or rarely, pvp. That’s just me, I know there are MBers out there who destroy people and that’s maybe their main reason for playing but with me, trying to pvp with my group is a pain. And I’m just not that kind of player either way. You leave me along I leave you alone.

Now the negatives, and from reading some of these posts, I think there is some confusion here. I don’t get 5x the anything (except maybe XP). There is no 5x the loot, herbs, ore or gold. And if there is something I get 5 of, it has to be divided by the 5 toons. Yes I get all the loot in an instance run, but I’ve got 5 toons to gear so it’s not like a massive flow of loot and gold. Maybe if I was funneling it all to 1 character, I don’t know. I barely was able to buy my mounts and I get less skills than anyone since I only use a certain ones during MB.

And questing sucks. Sure the kill quests are easy but the gathering ones!? Forget about it. So I’m dungeon crawling, and it’s pretty damn slow so there’s no real benefit there.

As far as how multiboxing works, there are plenty of sites that explain it better than I could but it’s repeating my key strokes. Nothing is automated. If you think that’s the case then you should be posting about macros because they perform what you’d call automation way more than anything I can with MB.

To the people who say this isn’t how the game was designed, you’re probably right. But there are tons of games and gamers out there from across all platforms who’ve done this. And by this I mean, not played the game the way it was designed. Addons are not playing the game the way it was designed either so…

And I still interact with people all the time. If someone has been looking for a group for a long time and I’m running that place I kick one of my toons to let them in. I sell and buy stuff through trade chat all the time. I’ve been in and out of guilds, like anyone else. There is still plenty of MM even in MB.

So that’s it. I get into dungeons easier. The runs aren’t really easier themselves cause 5 people can handle uh ohs way better than me.

4 Likes

Cash Money, cheddar, dough, bling bling, dinero

But is is though? You can get five accounts. If you have banked gold from all the years you played - you could also not have to pay for them.

People have been playing more than one account since day 1. I two (true) boxed from my second day playing wow way back when. In fact, they have made several changes FTL/IWT that are almost exclusively for boxing.

Though you are certainly welcome to not care for it.

1 Like

This argument is dumb, let me equal it with an equally dumb argument. I am a megamultiboxer, I make so much money idk how to spend it so I have 50 computers all running 20 accounts each. I am a 1000 character multiboxer. All you have to do is make 25 full raids to beat me, I cannot defeat 1000 players playing 1000 characters as I am only 1 person controlling 1000 characters. So it’s all fair

1 Like

Crying once is fine, crying for weeks means you can’t handle life

1 Like

Ya. Your paying for all of those characters. Play them all you want. I don’t see a problem with it.

If your multiboxing 20 characters, 5 people could probably still kill you. All they have to do is fear your mob of toons and your all dead.

I read this as : you pay so you can win. Pay to win is fine.

Such a great society we live in

Not gonna post the rest of what I said eh… cause it goes against your argument… love when people quote you out of context and then try to make a point.

Keep trying to defend your self… we disagree. That’s ok… move on buddy

The rest of your post is totally irrelevant. I quoted the meat of your argument

Wrong how?

If you are referring to whether the fact it exists is right or wrong, I cannot and would not. That is not up to me alone or you alone to decide.

How it works as being described by many here is inaccurate.

You have five bulldozers. If you operate all five in sync on similar or identical ground, you will move five times the dirt.

Once one of those bulldozers hits a rock, or an impediment you must take control of that specific dozer to overcome the obstacle. While doing so you have removed some of the ability to operate the other four at least momentarily. Same would hold true if one or more of them were facing the wrong direction, became stuck or were unable to lower the blade back into the earth. Your dozers are now out of sync and operate less than five, and while correcting them - all of them become less effective having to stop and re-acquire that sync. The other four dozers can only handle what they have been initially instructed to do. You can create certain instructions to accommodate certain conditions but the instructions must be sent when the conditions arise. They must also be specific to that condition and at that moment in time.

If you anticipate hitting a rock or being turned off course you can have a command to do something. Though it will only do that action at the time if is directed. If the ground was constantly changing then you must constantly change your instructions, which leads to making the other dozers also dealing with changes less efficient or even more off course or unable to move dirt. The more changes, the less efficient. The dozers are unable to react independent of the others.

Obviously the better instructions you create to deal with these changes, the more efficient the dozers. Against a static environment this can be relatively complex but certainly doable. Against a dynamic ever changing environment is it incredibly difficult to adjust for every change of parameters breaking down very quickly.

That said, allowing every character to harvest a resource (like in retail) clearly creates a competitive economic issue for those using a single character and I agree that is a distinct and quantifiable advantage. And - Yes, you could get many people to harvest with you but the reality is most people are not going to have a lot of success with that, especially long-term. Anyone against this has my support. Using this one aspect as a champion cause against boxing not so much - at least for me.

If you don’t agree with boxing that’s great. You are certainly entitled to that. You are completely welcome to campaign Blizzard to change it.

Personally, I don’t agree with micro-transactions. I can see why they exist. I can also see the benefit of them to players in most cases. If someone told me that my perception of how they actually worked was incorrect, I would not immediately assume they are wrong. Would be willing to listen and understand how it actually works. Probably also not going to change my mind about them.

It is not wrong to not like something. Attempts to correct the perception of how boxing works is not an attempt to invalidate people thinking it is morally, logistically or otherwise wrong, but an attempt to remove some misconceptions. If that still means someone hate boxing and boxers - no one has control over that.

1 Like

Should we say it’s not fair for folks who can only play 1 hr a day vs folks that can play 5 hrs a day?

Are multiboxers so abundant, they are literally everywhere? (hint: the answer is no).

Stop worrying about how other people play the game. Blue has posted on it. I’ve seen 0 multiboxers on pagle (although i’ve heard from friends there are a few). How much are they really affecting your % of play time??

1 Like

How is Blizzard’s Boot today? Is it especially dirty to compliment the taste of the leather? I bet it’s exquisite for you guys.

1 Like

I don’t like it, but I also can’t think of a reason why having multiple WoW accounts would be “illegal”. It is annoying to see a train of toons that all have similar names, same class/race/appearance running around, but in the end it is not affecting my own gameplay. I only encountered one positive example of “multiboxing”, where someone in my dungeon group used their second account to get a Warlock to the dungeon to summon our party members that were far away.

Yes it is very unsettling. The feeling is like if I met a cloned person irl. Would be weird

2 Likes

In the last month and a half I have seen ONE.

that’s one too many

2 Likes

I have no idea what your referring too. I’m not a multiboxer. I just don’t see a problem with it.

Your attempts to personally attack me are in vain.

People can have differing opinions. It’s ok.

Yeah, and my personal opinion is you’re a blizzard appologist/bootlicker. All good in the hood, magicblunt. Even if that blunt is filled with mids.

1 Like