Why is multiboxing allowed?

And point of fact, he did not say he “knew” there would be consequences…

Oh so it’s my fault the guy pays 5 times to have 5 times more power :rofl:

Go play your mobile games you can pay to win all you want there

Simple. To make more money from players!!!

Being easier isn’t the problem. Having one person able to do something and you are not for whatever reason is the problem. An entire guild can accomplish far greater ‘advantages’ than a solitary multiboxer, but that is not the problem. It is one player besting you and you don’t like it.

“But Pay-to-Win!!”" Not sure what they are winning. A better education? A better job? Oh. Nope just more pixels than you. /facepalm

Five players playing $$$ = $$$ 1 player on five accounts. Literally no different than five people focused on the goals of one. Same cost. Same result.

You can press a button for a fee and be level 100 or 110. Items that would otherwise cost you hours of farming mats/rep/whatever can be purchased with the press of a button. This also happens.

Waits for dramatic outburst

An advantage would imply you are not able to do the same thing. In reality you are creating your own disadvantage by chosing not to. Entirely your choice.

You.

Chose.

This.

3 Likes

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Or is this the part where you tell us you used to box?

2 Likes

Not sure why you went there. Pay to win actually means paying for an advantage.

I never played on a private server that allowed multi-boxing. Then again, I never played on a P2W server.

This is absolutely false. Mainly because it’s not five or ten or forty people - it’s one. One person who doesn’t have to communicate with anyone. One person who doesn’t have to mark and one person who doesn’t have to hope that another person in the group doesn’t tab target the warrior instead of the priest.

An MB’s attacks are instant. No need for coordination or communication. Just … boom, and opponent down. For the people claiming that five people working together should easily take out a five man boxer, you have no idea what you’re talking about. Unless the MB is a complete idiot the multi-boxer will of course win every time, simply because of the whole premise of what they’re doing.

Imagine playing all your toons at once. Well you can . . . if you pay for it.

In multiboxing you use a program to HELP control all your characters. In the end, you are still controlling ALL of them. As in, you can NOT walk away from your computer and have your multiboxer farm or kill stuff. You are still playing.

VS

Botting on the other hand. You use a program to do the playing FOR you. As in you do NOT have to be at your computer to play.

See difference now? You CANT have your multiboxer play / farm while you sleep. In this basic principle, that is why multiboxing is allowed.

2 Likes

Reece, if you haven’t multi-boxed, then you don’t understand what you said is incorrect. I’ll give you that there may be some boxers that can survive 5to5.
But, in reality, a single person can not adjust to attack 5 individuals at the same time. A boxing team is good against a single individual: It is not good against 5.

Imagine yourself trying to steer 5 cars into 5 individual moving targets. And your cars are standard. This is what challenge a boxer has to face against a group of coordinating individuals.

2 Likes

No clue what kind of multi-boxers you’ve run up against but this isn’t at all what happens. They don’t “steer” their “car” into five targets, just one. They press a button. No need to coordinate which “car” with five other “cars,” they just target and press one button.

People in this thread are claiming no one person can beat five people and that’s generally true. That targeted player is dead. Pretty much instantly. And in the time it takes for the five individuals to focus down one of the MB’s toons, that multi-boxer can take down two or three of the group. Their attacks are instant, and they happen at the same time on the same target.

As I said before, unless the multi-boxer is completely stupid or semi afk, there is no way they will lose. That’s just how the mechanics work.

Maybe we are talking sidewise to each other.

• A box team against 1 person, the person is mostly going to loose.
  • A box team against 5 people, which themselves, are not in communicating with each other, but see it. You are probably right, they may or may not lose. It also depends on the what classes are being attacked.
  • A box team against 5 people, which are a “party” with voice chat. Or no voice chat but plans the attack, then he boxer is going to lose. Every box member has to be facing the target that they are targeting. Attack from the sides and back, the boxer is going to die. Fear the box team, the boxer is going to die.
2 Likes

I’m not sure why everyone is hung up on the pvp related aspects to this. They are far and away the least important problem here and one I’ve never brought up. That you had to inject it into our conversation shows that you’re either a fool, ignorant, or just barely smart enough to know that you’re wrong and and spinning. Or possibly, some sad combination thereof.

Also, genius boy, we’re in classic. Your weak dodge about level boosts is irrelevant. And even if it wasn’t, it’s more than stupid to try and conflate the two. But then you top it anyway by trying to conflate one person doing the exact same thing many times over to many people doing many different things. First, as 5 people could never be synced that well and, second, many people requires many inputs and reactions. You just require one.

Amazing that it’s almost 2020 and people still have no idea what multiboxing is, they still cling to the stupid ideas that it generates a lot of money for Blizzard (it doesn’t) and that multiboxers are somehow unstoppable in pvp.

5 Likes

False.

While you “can” control all of them, what you’re doing is have the other characters react a set way to the actions of the “main” character. You’re controlling one character and the rest are simply setup to react…

And while I get that it’s legal, the rationale for it being legal is very flawed considering many other programs and mods that do things for you automatically via a single button press are illegal. I mean, you’re pushing a button, you’re at your keyboard…

They aren’t unstoppable, but they are almost impossible to beat in some situations. However, again, pvp is the least of the issues with multiboxing.

Are people still talking about multi-boxing? It’s not against TOS. No amount of complaining about it will make it against TOS.

Botting Definition:
A bot is automation of gameplay. If you’re not sitting there actively playing the character and it’s performing actions without human interaction, that is a bot .

Multi-boxing is not botting. To say so is uneducated. Can some multiboxers be using botting programs? It’s possible. If you suspect this then report them and move on.

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vala_
Youtube: Vala Thetank
Twitter: @valathetank

3 Likes

There is no “issue” with multiboxing other than jealousy. You just think that person has more money than you.

2 Likes

Is that your pathetic attempt to say you’re wrong while still clinging to your high horse?

They aren’t actively playing their characters… I’m not sure why that’s so confusing. They are actively playing one character. The rest are just slaved to it.

It is not, ppl are talking the 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS, that allow one key clicking to one shot people…lol.

How do you know that? Are you saying that every character is a bot and no one is sitting there playing any of them?

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vala_
Youtube: Vala Thetank
Twitter: @valathetank

1 Like