Why is multiboxing allowed?

The player is pressing a key to make an action happen. Whether or not it is cloned however many times is irrelevant, as this can be down via hardware (splicing one keyboard to work on a number of machines) and still requires a player to be there. Botting requires total automation, as in no player input.

Blizzard has said over and over for years that multiboxing is not botting.

5 Likes

Because blizzard likes money

That’s exactly what I do also , and yet people have told me I’m botting.

given the amount of people who complain about this outnumber the multi-boxes i don’t think that’s a real reason.

3 Likes

That dude’s voice is so unbelievably annoying to listen to. xD

“Laaaater duuuuuuudes~!”

1 Like

is the abuse called for?

1 Like

Blizzard makes money.

We get to laugh at the MBxers.

Win win. They dont influence much about the game overall.

so much salt

1 Like

You need to clean it up… I 2 box and use no addon for it… I write macros for everything… I even started two separate 3 boxes because the 2 box was too simple…

Playing 1 toon while leveling is about as boring as can be… then again I used to do a 5 box the same way on the EQ TLP’s because it was even slower pace than WoW…

Trying to pretend it is botting is ridiculous…

4 Likes

Whatcha basing this claim on? Please don’t say the forums because I can easily jump in these threads with my 70+ alts and show a whole lot of support for multi-boxers. Which imo some if not most of the “opposition” to mb is coming from.
I’d wager most of these threads on multi-box are started by the same couple of people. Especially considering this topic will always get bites.
Take OP for instance. 2 posts. Highly contested repeat topic. Post has 2 sentences. Gee. That’s not a flag at all. Look at his context:

Lol. Big problem but only 2 sentences worth of “context”? Uh huh…
“It’s stupid”…such a well thought out talking point. Come on man…
“It’s botting”- lol. Not even close.

3 Likes

So… you don’t think addons should be allowed?

:cactus:

1 Like

i took a poll - didn’t you get the phone call?

IDK do a quick search? at least 3 generations of CM’s have made posts validating multiboxing over the past 15 years, i guess you’ll have to read those if you want some answers.

4 Likes

While taking your poll did you have one guy cursing you out in broken japanese, german, French and orcish? When a number comes up and says scam likely that’s how I answer it.
I hate telemarketers. No. I loathe them. I’ve even trolled them like I was interested and then ask how I get removed from their call list. They get angry.

i’m upset you don’t remember our chat… went for hours it touched me, moved me, changed my life.

A person was pressing “a” key in the old decursive too…

And just because Blizz said it’s OK, doesn’t mean it’s not an advantage. It absolutely is.

Not sure where you are from but private companies here in the US reserve the right to abstain from becoming a political forum or to which degree they are - whether you agree with the political message or not. You can make the assertion it is because of money all you want, that does not make it an absolute. It may be, but because it is something you want to believe doesn’t make it an actual fact.

Also worth noting the person(s) in question - since more have been banned - openly stated they understood the rules and knew there would be consequences. More importantly, WHY the rules were in place. Personally, I admire him for taking the stand he chose specifically with this knowledge and gracefully accepting the consequence.

You are also free to use your wallet as your voice and yell as loud as you want becoming a customer of another company.

2 Likes

In your mind. /eyeroll

2 Likes

At least I have one…

But explain how having 5 mages doesn’t level and farm more easily… Go on. I’ll wait.

I don’t box (but I used to in EQ). Boxing is not against EULA

It is easily accomplished by macros and keypress broadcasters… some programs package this and make it all easy to set up and configure.

Very few are actually Botting… as that implies unattended gameplay.

As for PVP… focus the control character and most boxers fall apart