Why is multiboxing allowed?

Personally, I think all these new boxers topics are trolling.

1. The original poster had the correct terminology: multi-boxing. So they know what it is.

2. Like all other new topics posters, none of them have posted before (or little - missed one).

3. They aren’t raving about any Pvp outcome.

1 Like

If a player is tabbed out doing anything else (watching a movie, posting on reddit, making a sandwich, playing another game/same game, or AFK) and the in-game character is moving or preforming tasks with some of form of automation I would say that’s 100% cheating… otherwise you’d have to say that bots are fair play too.

(1) I don’t do it
(2) it’s not botting
(3) it’s not that common
(4) they pay for the accounts, they can use them

4 Likes

Back in 2006 there was multiboxer that used some kind of automation to make sure that all the slaves followed the actions of the master exactly and got banned on all accounts.

I forget the exact technical details, but he eventually found a workaround where he wasnt automating any of the actions, just taking in exact inputs without using any automation.

A lot less stable and super prone to error, but nonetheless, ok in Blizzards book.

It wad a great marvel to see, but not something thats is overwhelmingly popular, its pretty much a non issue.

1 Like

Lol, this isn’t 2006. The information to make it happen is freely available and Multiboxing is only going to get more common the more people fall victim to it, and realize they could be paying to win solo farming with the power of 5 characters but keeping it all to himself, and instagibbing people for free honor farm.

It’s remarkable how many people come to the defense of such a stupid way to pay to win. Imagine every other person was a multiboxxer, how this game would look. It already happend in eve. You kids are Absurd.

3 Likes

It’s not botting, it’s not automation, but I get why people don’t like it. There are ways to use hardware to achieve it and ways to use software to achieve it. Some of the in-game commands and API make it even easier to achieve multiboxing. There’s controversy in regards to how they afford large numbers of accounts, sometimes even selling accounts that they level up. There has been issues where multiboxers grew to the size of +40 characters and could just /assist a target and overkill individual targets with a press of a key.

It’s one huge gray area. Most multiboxers aren’t that big of an issue.

1 Like

It is automation. In a normal group, 5 different characters are controlled by 5 different people, committing 5 different inputs.

1 person having his inputs copied and sent to 4 other accounts is absolutely automation. How can you even argue otherwise?

I’m not talking about multiclienting. I’m not talking about people having 1 computer and a laptop and swapping hands. I’m talking about the people that have characters follow them around and commit every single action they do to maximize burst potentials, farming potentials and wtfpwning nubslul. It’s idiotic that people can even attempt to defend this.

Just stop for a second and think if EVERYONE did this, how it would affect the game? Then why should a select few be allowed to?

5 Likes

It’s not automation by blizzard’s standard, they’ve spoken on that exact topic.

Because the software is only mimicing what you can do with hardware they are 100% ok with it.

3 Likes

Yea, I don’t even know why I bother. The same company that bans players for speaking out against free speech because of money is going to ban the right to cheat when they give them more money right?

What a joke lmfao.

1 Like

back in the day my friend multi boxed a tank and healer and honestly that dude was a god, yep. But he would use them in raids/dungeons not anything else. To me that is okay but when you are doing it all the time and out in the world or pvp , that is cheap shotting.

1 Like

*Bans players from tournaments for 6 months for breaking tournament contracts.

3 Likes

I think they tolerate it for 2 reasons.
First, it’s more money.
Second, and it’s equally important, going after multiboxers would risk a lot of wrong bans on one hand and much more extra work hours for GMs to investigate and watch who’s multiboxing, on the other.

BECAUSE A PERSON IS AT THE KEYBOARD.

4 Likes

I mean, after the bans start getting dished out, reports will get fewer and fewer as people stop doing it.

Yea. 1 person. Not 5.

HELLO?

does not matter, if someone is at keyboard it NOT botting.

If the toons were automated WITHOUT someone at keyboard then that would be considered botting

5 Likes

Multiboxing the act of sending player input to multiple clients. Automation is where you don’t require player input to perform actions. 3rd party automated assistance for multiboxing isn’t allowed, but commands such as /follow and /assist do make multiboxing easier. It is possible for Blizzard to make multiboxing unsatisfying. I don’t think they would be willing to do that.

6 Likes

The problem is not automation, but the fact that 1 playr has the power of more than 1 character.
It should be 1 person controlling 1 char at any given time.

1 Like

It IS botting using Blizzard’s own definition … ISBoxer is a THIRD-PARTY app. that allows a single keystroke/mouse event to be broadcast to more than one app. at a time, something Windows doesn’t and never has allowed for.

So, i 'boxer presses one button and every one of their characters does whatever that key is bound to for them … a 10-year-old would be able to read the TOS and say that this is exactly what the TOS is describing as not being allowed!

4 Likes

lol @ you thinking multiboxing is some new thing and hasn’t existed since 2006 in, get this, every mmo on the market. i know, crazy right?

1. this game isn’t even being heavily multiboxed and thousands of multiboxers aren’t just going to appear out of thin air.
  2. multiboxers don’t affect your gameplay in any way shape or form.
  3. no it’s not botting stop.
  4. no bans aren’t going to “start getting dished out” for multiboxing.
  5. i’ve personally killed every multiboxer i’ve encountered, they aren’t pvp gods just because you’re bad at the game.
  6. you’re all like 30iq gamers.
5 Likes