Why is multiboxing allowed?

Yep, one key press, one action. That action can go to one device or to multiple devices, it is still one triggering action. You may be confusing reaction with action. Or result with action.

Then why are macros in the game?

I judge and seal in 1 key stroke — 1 key = 2 actions

1 Like

did you manually input the input on the 2nd device? Or was that automated?

Yes. /10char

they make trinkets, potions, buffs and such share cool downs over time to fit the philosophy.

And in the case of multiboxing one key press, many actions depending on the number of characters they’re boxing

1 Like

There’s no logical reason to treat multiboxing/botting any differently. Either way, you’re cheating at the game. But why do they allow it?

This is why -> $$$

1 Like

I wouldn’t say any multiboxer is a cheater. I am just saying Blizzard should up their standards and bit and not be just money hungry. Imagine if every game in the world allowed people to pay a little bit more to have 15 players on the field in football or 7 in basketball. They shouldn’t allow it is all. But they do so its not cheating. It’s just a weak form of saying i give up and can’t play this game fairly so i will pay a bit extra to have my way.

1 Like

How is it “unfair”?

these threads always go the same route, its all about $$$$. I bet 99% of those complaining about MB would MB if they could. might as well also ban streamer privilege I mean I don’t have 100s or 1000s of sheeple giving my gold,items, runs so they need to be banned. why don’t they ban people getting more than me? it’s all about the $$$ the streamers bring in via free visability.

1 Like

I don’t know, maybe the fact that a regular one players single character has to fight 2-5 characters also controlled by a single character running a macro on their rotation.

People did this same trash in games like UO pservers and attempt it all the time on eq p99.
It sure is fair getting one shot by a dude controlling 5 tamers all spamming all guard me while they all syncronize shoot you
Theres a reason reasonable games ban it.

Ah yes, we needed another multiboxing thread. NOT

1 Like

So how is that unfair, you got killed by a group of characters. Doesn’t matter if one person or 10 people are playing those characters. Also, it’s pvp, there are pve servers if that’s an issue. Still trying to find the “unfair” definition.

you don’t need software to do this, a decent kvm will do. it’s not automation, one key press = one action per wow instance.

bottom line is: Blizzard makes the rules, Blizzard says MB is okay. thus MB is okay in WoW.
you don’t like it, okay you are entitled to your opinion. The exit is that way -> alt+F4
the end.

If i have 4 close friends and we go ganking, i’m a cheater — that’s what he’s saying

It’s fine.

The thread can be closed now.

15$/mo for each extra sub

No, nobody said anyone is cheating. Nobody said blizzard doesn’t allow this. People are asking why blizzard allows multi boxing.

It obviously an advantage in it or else people wouldn’t pay extra money or have extra accounts. That’s why it’s unfair. You get an advantage.

What’s the advantage? You don’t need to talk to other people to form a group. Ok, I can see that one.