Why is Multiboxing allowed in game?

If you’re making more money raw gold farming one character at a time than you are multiboxing - you’re doing something wrong with your multiboxing.

Hah, claiming that WOD raids are better GpH than literally any multibox farm? It’s not that hard to make more as a solo player with herbs/ore.

I agree, I farm herbs in Tiragarde Sound solo and in 1 hour I make ~4k if I 5 box farmed that’d be ~20k an hour. Doing BRF on each difficulty will get you ~9400g in about an hour according to https://www.dataforazeroth.com/calculator

Though I guess it depends on his team size. He’d have to run at least 3 characters to beat BRF but he said Mythic and not every difficulty so :man_shrugging:

The arguments for multiboxing haven’t changed in the past 15 years.

Weird how sticking with the facts is “baiting” people. That should tell you everything you need to know about the anti-multiboxing side.

4 Likes

Maybe on a spreadsheet, but farming herbs is something you can do year-round and the raids are once a week per character.

Edit: I guess then it’d depend how many alts he’s got and how much of a life he wants to have running BRF.

1 Like

For or against, apparently, lol.
Ive yet to see them offer anything new that hasnt already been discussed.
Pretty much all self entitled lameness on the hate side.
I guess the entitlement then extends to just thinking everyone should shut up and not refute their jokes.

omg…can you imagine what would happen IF blizzard was dumb enough to ban boxing over the few complaining?
Obviously the losing in pvp might change, but I know from tons of personal experience that TWO druids farming a zone can keep it picked clean.
You KNOW that would be the next target for the haters. lol.

[quote=“Rahkeetahp-aerie-peak, post:265, topic:604653, full:true”]

actually all I said was “you can tell who the multiboxers are” and you came with salt in hand.
:coffee:

You know they had a great solution to this in WoD where you could generate a certain amount your own resources that only your individual toons had access to and everyone hated it. You can’t multi-box in a garrison. Pandaria had the gardens, too.

Short answer money
Long answer moooooooooooooooney

I actually don’t mind them that much. I’d rather pay 6g for Zin’Anthid than spend time farming it myself or having to spend 40g ea in the AH. Money is easy enough to get from dailies.

1 Like

actually, clearly you CANT tell who they are. your OBVIOUS implication was that anyone defending boxing IS a boxer.
Dont bother backpeddling.

I try to report them every time I see them. Maybe Blizz won’t do anything right now but I like to think it’s under investigation and one day out of nowhere there will be a blue post about a bunch of accounts being mass banned. Who knows?

Even though it’s not Illegal per say, it’s both annoying and an abuse of the system. I am also sure it recks the economy of whatever server they are on, but I can’t be sure about that as each server’s economy is it’s own. And above all it’s grown rampant at this point, ridiculously so and they are everywhere. Ive been doing suramar rep to get to revered for the balance of power quest line and I’ve reported about 30 individual characters in 4-5 different areas in that zone alone.

Like I said, it’s probably not gonna change but I hope it does. We will have to see regardless.

1 Like

70,000 bot accounts closed says otherwise.

The only point you made that I agree with. They are everywhere on my server now. probably farming to get the AH mount. if so, you can thank daddy blizzard for all of it for removing it from the vendor soon.

Multiboxing =/= botting

Congratulations on delaying GM investigations into real issues.

Assuming they ever do change their minds, they would most likely give a warning before they actually make it against the rules.

Which means reporting people both wastes GM time and wouldn’t do anything in the unlikely event that the rules are changed regarding multiboxing.

2 Likes

and you wonder why you all have ZERO credibility here?

Those were 70,000 paid for accounts that they were quite willing to ban because they were actually breaking the rules.

3 Likes

That’s a matter of opinion. It may not seem like a “real” issue to you, but it is to me, so I report it. And really, there is nothing you can do to change my mind or stop me so…Agree to disagree I guess. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes