Why is Multiboxing allowed in game?

I’ve seen people running upwards of 20+ toons at the same time using multibox and all they do is farm for items and gold. It is game breaking in a sense that it detracts from the aspect of being immersed in the game. Additionally, it gives players an unfair advantage over the Auction House and chance world drops. So I have to ask why does blizzard allow this practice? I am sure someone has asked before, but considering they have to use a paid 3rd party application to run multibox, and that application syncs certain actions for them it is a giant loop hole. One can certainly say it is not a bot, but the fact that actions are being synced for them or automated is bot-like. And without these programs the practice would be almost impossible. So why does Blizzard allow it to continue?

21 Likes

Blizzard lets the cheaters do it because they pay extra money for each account they cheat with.

:cake:

33 Likes

the short honest answer is…blizz likes the extra subs. more money and artificially inflates the sub count.

6 Likes

I’ve heard most of them buy up WoW tokens using their farmed gold so they are really paying nothing.

4 Likes

yes but someone is paying to put those tokens on the AH. they make up a decent % of those sales keeping the flow healthy. they still contribute to a bottom line.

4 Likes

Because Blizzard says it’s allowed and they make the rules. That is pretty much it.

:cookie:

14 Likes

Maybe Blizzard will wake up to that and finally disable it.

But, the tokens have to be purchased by someone at some time with real money, so I’m sure they like that aspect…

:cake:

1 Like

Good point. I didn’t think about the other side of that coin. People are dropping $20 bucks on WoW tokens for a fluctuating currency value in the game. They are making more off the tokens than a standard month sub.

Oh god… not this stupid thread.
Seriously, stop beating this dead horse… all you are doing is beating the stain that used to be a dead horse. You have beaten it so much that you are digging a hole.

11 Likes

well maybe one day blizz will throw multi boxing in that hole and bury it for good. until then…people will just keep digging lol

6 Likes

Hey I said I am sure it has been asked before, but if you look at my post count I haven’t really been active on the forums until recently and reading through a long history of threads is tedious, so I thought it faster to ask the question. No need to be upset over it. I am just looking for an honest justification for the practice is all.

1 Like

I’m more curious why there is constant spam involving this topic from posters who generally have less than 5 posts ever made.

6 Likes

because its something that bothers a lot of players, and sometimes its players that don’t complain on here everyday.

6 Likes

and lets be real, isn’t there constant spam on most topics…

3 Likes

It didn’t interrupt my playing until today. I had seen the people doing it and just moved along but today I was trying to kill some mobs that were being massed farmed. It was just frustrating so I logged and asked. And as to why my thread count is so low, I took a 10 year absence from the game after my brother passed and started fresh. I didn’t expect there to be so much vitriol over the question being asked.

5 Likes

welcome to the forums lol. don’t take it personally the anonymity turns basement dwellers into warriors.

Dunno but it shouldn’t be.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind. My question was basically answered so I am good with the explanation. Thank you to those who took the time to explain the reasoning to me.

1 Like

:moneybag: :money_mouth_face::crazy_face::money_mouth_face::clinking_glasses::moneybag: :money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings:
That’s why basically.

1 Like

3 Likes