Why is it so hard to fix the drop rate of the love rocket?

Any particular reason you ignored this? Just curious:

Is the honeymoon over for you?

It’s the last few days where the reality sets in and I know I won’t get it.

1 Like

And you can try with a single character all those attempts on TW dungeon, while Love rocket changed to a scenario that you need alts for a lot of attempts. Maybe Timereaver needs a % adjusment but different scenarios to compare.

Also, it’s more fun to do a TW dungeon that a boss that dies with 3-4 players, usually doesn’t need tank or healer… the whole crown chemicals fight is a JK almost all the time.

Wait, are you freaking serious? Change one mount but don’t change the other? I thought you were on some crusade to fix low drop chance mounts.

And I guess it’s a complete coincidence that you have the ITR but not the Big Love Rocket.

1 Like

I never said i don’t want changes, i don’t care if they do changes to the drop rate % for timereaver but you’re comparing at least 2 drops RNG which is good but you need to compare also the ratio between drop rate / attempts.

TW has 3-4 bosses on whcih each one of them could drop the mount, it’s more engaging content and you can spam that during several times per year, now even easier each 3 weeks, it’s awful because cause burn out but at least there’s a good change, Love rocket for a player with 1 character means 15 attempts per year, 222 years to reach 3333 attempts that’s the number of attempts on which you see at least 1 drop.

I’ll advocate for changes on low drop change mounts but not only from a drop rate % perspective, also on the attempts perspective, for example , i won’t ask for changes on Death Charger Mount, it can be easy farm with a single character…still its a boring farm and it could be added to the BMAH too or provided on satchel bags for tanks like they did on previous expansions.

1 Like

They never said they were changing the drop rate just that they were investigating possible changes. Which could mean adding other ways to get the mount outside of a random drop. That’s probably why the change couldn’t be pushed out till next year,

I’m guessing here, but I suspect that for a lot of people it would be their one and only rocket mount - so in that sense, it would kind of retain its specialness.

I agree with you mister Orcy, I never understood why people ride ugly mounts just because they are rare. I have a lot of rare mounts and never ride any of them. Before Squeakers came out, I used to ride the Headless Horseman mount on all of my toons, mostly because it has a small footprint and does not move side to side. Squeakers is all I ride now…perfect for Gnomes imo. If there was a super rare mount that looked like a turd, people would ride it :slight_smile: This year I do the dungeon 15 times per day and have done it most years in the past. IMO Blizzard devs have zero respect for their players or their player’s time.

2 Likes

It’s def not 1%, I’ve farmed 1% mounts before and seen the stats.

Yeah, I don’t buy that. They adjusted the drop rate of the Doomwalker mount.

This. We should not be running 10+ characters every holiday event to get a mount

1 Like

The cords hooked up to the servers look like spaghetti.

And plus, this event only comes by once a year. A once a year event with a .03% chance to obtain the mount is like a slap in the face to players. The drop rate needs to be raised to 1%!

Every year I get more frustrated and angrier the further into the expansion we get. The Devs with the huge egos and lack of concern for their player’s time need to go. With everything that has happened in the past year at Blizzard, they missed another opportunity to show players that they actually care about them. They like to tell us that they do, but they really do not. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Q: What is the difference between a Blizzard Dev and God?

A: God doesn’t think he is a Blizzard Dev. :slight_smile:

20 toons doing daily for 3 years so 14x20 =280
280 x 3 =840
And i never saw it dropped from other players so
4200 tries and no mount :frowning:

They’re doing something with the rocket next year.

I agree. They managed to change the drop rate for that event in the Caverns of Time within the period of the event, but can’t change this now? What, is there no one in their appropriate departments working there at the moment? Jeez, give me the code and I’ll input it!

I’m over 1100 attempts over 11 years, and I’ve never even seen it drop for a player in the group. A few days ago, one of my alts ran the dungeon, didn’t get it and returned to Sinfall. Right then, a notification popped up in chat that someone got the achievement for learning the mount! I guess it really does exist! :joy:

Because they want stuff to be rare. So buffing the droprate might fix some of the frustration, but they aren’t sure that its the solution that they want.

Has it ever occured to you that they might not know how they plan to address it yet? Simply buffing the drop rate is lazy and it’s a slap in the face to people that put in the work to get the mount before the buff.

1 Like