Why is it so hard to fix the drop rate of the love rocket?

Ok here’s a list of mounts I think should be changed or brought back. Unlike Gladiator or KSM, there wasn’t a situation where you were supposed to do the event with current talents, spells, gear, etc. They were just removed or changed for dumb reasons.

• ZG Raptor and Tiger. Put a Bronze Dragon in front of ZG and give people the option to queue for the original raid.

• Old unarmored epic mounts. Just put them back on the vendor.

• 2007 Brewfest Ram. Never should have been removed to begin with.

• Longboi. If you don’t want people to have the AH than take it off the mount. Just let the people that bought it in BFA have that option.

• Black and Plagued Proto-Drake. No other meta achievement mounts were removed. Keep the Immortal and Undying title exclusive.

• Infinite Timereaver. Just copy and paste whatever reasons you had for the Love Rocket. Plus, Cata is the only TW vendor without a mount.

1 Like

Just submit a Bug Report that it has a lower drop for Horde characters than for Alliance ones. They’ll have the servers down and repatched in an hour.

Or I could submit a bug report and tell Blizzard that not having the mount somehow interferes with me being a high elf and they’ll fix it in 5 minutes.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

What is there to fix? It’s working as intended. It’s ok for some things to be ultra rare in the game.

And no I don’t have it. I’m in the same boat as most of you, I guess I just have different expectations. If they change the drop rate fine. But this is not currently a game breaking ‘issue’.

2 Likes

Well according to this thread and others, having one mount out of almost 800 available being ultra rare means that people are either quitting in droves or going to therapy for the mental anguish t̶h̶e̶y̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶s̶e̶l̶v̶e̶s̶ caused by Blizzard.

That’s why it had to change.

2 Likes

There are so many dumb and ugly mounts in this game, Artificial scarcity is bogus when the main bulk of your games content stinks.

This is just like the “it’s a game” argument.

“It’s just a game so why does [x] have to be so hard to get?!”

If the scarcity is dumb and artificial, why do people make such a big deal about it? Why cry and gnash their teeth over something dumb and artificial? It’s just a game, get over it.

This mount is valuable because players deemed it valuable. It is, or soon to be was, the mount collector’s white whale. However, if Blizzard throws this thing on the vendor or gives it the same drop chance as the Brewfest Kodo/Ram, it’s not going to be special anymore. It will just be another +1 in everyone’s pile, except the people with a pink mog that wanted a mount to match.

1 Like

Yes and I explained it in an earlier post

Every collection type activity has commons and rares, no one cares about the commons. MtG, Stamps, Pokemon, comic books. Anyone care about a box full of commons for any of those?

This just seems like a new way to play the collection game, whine until the devs give it to you.

And no I don’t have it, I just prefer a game where there are rares because IMHO a box full of commons isn’t any fun.

I don’t think everything in game should be this way. But some things should be and these mounts happen to be it.

1 Like

Devs on another vacation around another holiday, probably.

Sure, there should be rares that take skill e.g., Gladiator, AOTC, Mythic Sylvanas, Brawlers, but not rares from pure RNG lottery because that just encourages unhealthy and unfun gambling habits. Whereas, skill mounts encourage players to perform better.

I have the rare rng sha mount to use, but instead I ride on the Mythic Sylvanas mount because I’m proud of what I and my raid team have accomplished way more than any dumb luck mount.

It’s true there aren’t that many mounts rewarded from feats, but that would be super easy to add in. Hell, they could even add a simple mount race to the game that gave first place a mount. More mount rewarding puzzles and secrets. Challenges like that would make the game more fun, not RNG. Something Blizz hasn’t thought about in a long time while developing the game (“is it fun”).

And again, a holiday event that only comes around once a year isn’t a challenge mode or a raid to farm. It’s a fun event that’s mean to be enjoyable, not frustrating and discouraging.

Insanely stupidly low droprate mounts do not belong on a holiday event and should be something everyone of every level can work towards to have fun and engage happily with that holiday.

People trying to keep others from getting a holiday cosmetic is ridiculous to me.

Timewalking comes around once a month to run, not once a year. And it’s not a holiday event. It’s heroic dungeons.

Don’t try to act so pedantic. None of what you’re saying equates. As I said earlier that, that you two choose to make fun of in a nonsensical manner,

1 Like

I am not being pedantic. The logic is rather sound, something is not fun or is a holiday, therefore should be easy to acquire.
The same can be applied to PvP. That one requires skill and other luck does not nullify the fact that base premise is the same, I am not having fun in PvP.
Therefore it should be easy to acquire.
It’s just PvP anyways, it’s not like it’s a holiday that comes around ever so often. No reason why it should be difficult to get. Let players get something cool and get the sets and mounts.

2 Likes

Yes you are and no it isn’t.

I’ve explicitly told you the difference and you’re still ignoring it for a bad faith argument.

1 Like

Any particular reason you ignored this? Just curious:

Is the honeymoon over for you?

It’s the last few days where the reality sets in and I know I won’t get it.

1 Like

And you can try with a single character all those attempts on TW dungeon, while Love rocket changed to a scenario that you need alts for a lot of attempts. Maybe Timereaver needs a % adjusment but different scenarios to compare.

Also, it’s more fun to do a TW dungeon that a boss that dies with 3-4 players, usually doesn’t need tank or healer… the whole crown chemicals fight is a JK almost all the time.

Wait, are you freaking serious? Change one mount but don’t change the other? I thought you were on some crusade to fix low drop chance mounts.

And I guess it’s a complete coincidence that you have the ITR but not the Big Love Rocket.

1 Like

I never said i don’t want changes, i don’t care if they do changes to the drop rate % for timereaver but you’re comparing at least 2 drops RNG which is good but you need to compare also the ratio between drop rate / attempts.

TW has 3-4 bosses on whcih each one of them could drop the mount, it’s more engaging content and you can spam that during several times per year, now even easier each 3 weeks, it’s awful because cause burn out but at least there’s a good change, Love rocket for a player with 1 character means 15 attempts per year, 222 years to reach 3333 attempts that’s the number of attempts on which you see at least 1 drop.

I’ll advocate for changes on low drop change mounts but not only from a drop rate % perspective, also on the attempts perspective, for example , i won’t ask for changes on Death Charger Mount, it can be easy farm with a single character…still its a boring farm and it could be added to the BMAH too or provided on satchel bags for tanks like they did on previous expansions.

1 Like

They never said they were changing the drop rate just that they were investigating possible changes. Which could mean adding other ways to get the mount outside of a random drop. That’s probably why the change couldn’t be pushed out till next year,

I’m guessing here, but I suspect that for a lot of people it would be their one and only rocket mount - so in that sense, it would kind of retain its specialness.