Why is Faerin a Lothar?!

Current estimates are these Arathi had to have split off from the main Arathor at least 1200 years ago, possibly longer.

That lines up since Blizz has their DEI in full force. Then Activision pretended to back away from DEI but they just rebranded it, what a mess.

1 Like

DEI tokens

4 Likes

She is intentionally written bad… because they have a bias? And you enjoy new characters, but the ones written not as a straight white guy is intentionally written bad?

3 Likes

Yep basically this.

Blizz hates the terminally online

With my head canon. Anduin Lothar is Artur Hawkwing and Faerin is Tuon

Except there’s no invasion. No Rakkens. No collaring. It’s some fan fiction variation of many different things.

:crab: :izakaya_lantern: :crab: :izakaya_lantern:

If she was adopted everything would’ve been fine
very weird what they did though

They were mad the human kingdoms were squabbling over borders and what to do with the orcs after the second war. They also felt the Alliance didn’t defend Quel’thalas well enough, so they said that since Lothar was dead their debt to the Arathi bloodline was no more and used that as their reason to leave.

Because it’s changing established things to make said new lore. An Arathi Empire in modern Azeroth makes as much sense as a city of Uruk with a King Gilgamesh in the current day. Both are basically impossible because the question “where the hell have you been all this time” will inevitably arise. That’s not counting the continuity issue because this empire was apparently around during the time Anduin Lothar was alive, which means Anduin Lothar, who was purported to be connected to them enough that a branch of his family was within this empire, knew nothing of their existence.

An empire “across the sea” isn’t difficult to accept, though the question really is where it’s located; I once argued that the eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor could be retconned to be the northern hemisphere of Azeroth, leading to at the least 2 or 3 new continents in the southern hemisphere, so I’d have no issue with a new kingdom to the south that worships the light. The problem is that they called it the Arathi Empire instead of something else. And created a prominent character that uses Lothar’s family name for no reason other than nostalgia bait. As I said, this was one case where brand new names would have been perfectly fine.

Yeah, that’s uncalled for. I prefer calling it the Grace Jones look. That said, it does look a bit out of place. It’d be like inserting a nightborne guy that sports a chonmage. The disabled thing can work, but I would have made it from the elbow down instead of from the shoulder down. There was mileage in giving her a shield prosthetic that attached to her upper arm and having her maneuver it in combat. They would have to change the shield size to something that would make sense for such a prosthethic, though.

Her branch of the Lothar dynasty has been isolated from the rest of them for several thousand years, anyone claiming this is a “dei” forced insert, is an idiot

This isn’t how bloodlines work but alright.

1 Like

I don’t care what race she is or whether or not she has a disability. She just comes off as a Mary Sue. Nothing gets her down, ever. She always has the perfect answer. A few lines from her and suddenly an inconsolable Anduin feels better. She was a war hero as a child, and always goes above and beyond. She has zero weaknesses.

This character needs personality defects to make her more realistic. Everyone has them, why not her?

1 Like

She has a shield for an arm and is somehow a Lothar, you expect her to be more realistic? lol

Yeah, I do. It’s not hard to give a character personality traits that are weaknesses. It’s the only way to make her character more palatable.

1 Like

that is exactly how bloodlines work.
an isolated branch, especially one removed for that long, would end up being very different from the old one.

1 Like

On the bright side, she’s perfectly set up for a crisis of faith. It would be nice to see Anduin be the one to rekindle her hope as a way to return what she did for him.

2 Likes

I’m waiting to hear about how they’re turning the murlocs gay.

2 Likes

I’d actually be rather shocked if there wasn’t a pair of gay murlocs or at least a kobold couple down in the Ringing Deeps.

1 Like

There were literally gay frogs in Dragonflight.

1 Like

Lol. The representation thing again. Because we should only allow one color of person in forms of media and one gender, the usual stuff people like to say