Why is Faerin a Lothar?!

OVERALL

one of us, down the expansion are going to be proven wrong:

• no connection, just same surname
  • some connection, down the line
  • has to be a connection, then why bother the deep interaction

Although I get that MMO stories aren’t the best place to find ground breaking ones.

How do you suppose new stories can be created without new characters ? Like give the NPCs a chance lol.

You can have new NPCs with names that are their own instead of attaching a legacy character’s family name to them.

1 Like

Sure but if they hadn’t added the lothar name. Miss filipa mcdtabsalot would just be another generic fanatic soldier in a human that worships a flame.

Eh I guess it was unnecessary. Def made it easier for anduin to link up

The thing is that when you introduce a character that bears a legacy character’s family name, you do it for a reason. It isn’t like in real life where there are common last names that coincided with those of historical figures.

Based on how she was written, if it had been Faerin Brightdawn instead of Faerin Lothar, you could have still gotten a similar result.

1 Like

I mean this is part one of a three part story, they very well could have something planned for her and the other arathi empire as a whole. If they don’t then the complaints are more valid.

the moment Lothar is just WoW’s “Smith”

As it has been said before and will be repeated, it’s cause the writers had to give her a name from a legacy to link her to an important legacy that had nothing to do with her. Even her backstory of being some stowaway who is secretly a Lothar is like something out of fanfiction. I’ve seen way too many stories where the special person is special all along. And then in the game, she outshines Anduin at every turn with her holy powers while he forced to sit back and be meek and pathetic.

We know what her purpose as a character is. We know why she wields the name. It’s just a matter if you are bold enough to admit it.

3 Likes