Why is everyone so mean?

Most of the friendly group minded players are slowly peeling away to older games like City of Heroes, FF, etc.

I always find friendly players in other MMORGPS even in 2024! WoW has a lot of work to do to rebuild that type of community.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

1 Like

I have this pain in the diodes all down my left side and it’s left me a little snippy.

2 Likes

It’s a byproduct of never being held accountable for their words.

2 Likes

The layer of anonymity and lack of consequences makes it worse in online environments. There’s a lot of people like this in your offline world who seem nice, but they don’t dare act out because there are reputational, financial, and sometimes physical consequences.

1 Like

There is a group of trolls here that are triggered left and right. Someone blinks at them and they go off and scream their head off at a person.

2 Likes

Good news friend! For a limited time while supplies last… By paying just a nominal cost of only 999,999 gold we can eradicate that pesky problem with ALL NATURAL therapies. Please call our service representative for details. We’re standing by!

2 Likes

There’s a saying, if everyone you meet is a jerk, you might actually be the jerk. Not saying it applies, but it’s certainly unusual for that to be the case, especially when a lot of groups don’t even talk.

Looks like your service representatives are standing down after demonstrating how they manipulate that device :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

That’s the diode therapy :laughing:

Death-emitting diode?

1 Like

All natural. Solves the problem so the pain, or uh you, never arise again. 1000% effective.

1 Like

I get made fun of when I try to be nice to strangers. Typically because I play a Vulpera. I have zero incentive to be nice to anybody as a result so I keep all the public chats off and only talk to my friends. Everyone else are npcs far as I’m concerned. :dracthyr_tea:

2 Likes

The eternal question.

Someone asked me if they could have a cape that dropped for me and I gave it to them. I did my good deed for the day.

1 Like

That’s something incredibly common in Final Fantasy XIV, mainly due to how strict Square-Enix is on their chat moderation. I’m a anti-social person by nature, so I normally say nothing unless I’m with guild members and/or friends (or someone’s character name is “Ilovefeet” and I comment on it hoping to start the mood off positively with a joke, only to get no response anyways).

Man, I’m sorry. I like vulpera. Think it’s a cool race. Zero issues with ‘em in my book

1 Like

I get made fun of all the time. But I also sling it back at others in good humor. There’s a difference between a friendly ribbing and being downright mean/atrocious. Particularly in a random group, where it’s uncalled for and just an excuse to be an abusive jerkface.

3 Likes

Simple answer, too much coffee!

Stop it, I don’t like this post.

I think a lot of people are just struggling in life to the point where any inconvenience during their free time is met with hostility, though I’m not really sure.

Personally I just try to be nice to people as much as I can (I rather be nice than mean, being mean doesn’t feel good to me). Though I’m pretty quiet most of the time. I have some social anxiety so I mostly keep to myself in games.

3 Likes