Why is everyone here obsessed with elves?

Yeah, like, what if there were humans but they had slightly pointy ears?

1 Like

I prefer D&D’s vision of elves better but WoWs is doable. I always like the fantasy of elves in RPGs …adept with magic , handsome/beautiful, cultured(though some versions that doesn’t apply to) , most of the time they are portrayed as highly intelligent and enjoy the finer things. So yeah likable.

But I like orcs and dwarves as well .

Not fond of wow’s version of gnomes or goblins though.

The other races are “meh” or “ok” to me

Hating on something popular/throwing around insults really doesn’t make you more ‘cool’. It just makes you look insufferable.

People like things. It’s life. Some folks not being interested in the same things you like doesn’t make them ‘obsessed’ or the villains you paint them out to be.

That said, I at least support more customization for all. I don’t see as many threads for others as active. It’s not elf players’ fault. Some of us don’t have ideas or interest in other things but can still support it. You can’t force people to like the same things you do.

Am I going to be silent about what I want in the game, though?

No.

:woman_shrugging:

Also, people wearing eyeliner? Oh no. The absolute horror. Thinly veiled insults at some folks’ style is so cool. /s :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Everyone? No, I don’t favor elves I generally try to poke fun at them at every chance. However I’ve been trying to be nice so I don’t pick on them much any more.

People play MMO’s often times to be things which they cannot be in real life. Take from that what you will.

3 Likes

I was a LOTR and Hobbit nerd decades ago which led me down the elven path.

And since I don’t play alts and wont race or faction change this thing I will remain a night elf :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, like, what if all that other stuff I actually said?

Oh, but what if they were humans… but they like… had big ears? Then we could call them ELVES!

1 Like

It is a fantasy-driven game. Elves are popular in fantasy content.

1 Like

I personally like the Nightborne, I liked how they were addicted and how they overcame it. The Nightborne is a race, in which I saw myself. I was disliking the Elves, till I was introduced to the Nightborne.

As for Blood/High elves, I think the love towards them mostly comes from LOTR.

As for the Night elves, I assume, the love comes from the WC, and their glorious campaigns.

U mad bro?

People wanna be a sexy person with pointy ears that’s magical and immortal. It’s not deep. They also have good lore to boot.

Elves are “hot”. That’s the main factor. If I remember correctly it’s exacerbated by how good BE racials were incredibly good so even if you didn’t care about aesthetics they were still one of the best options for minmaxing.

Personally the only times I’ve ever played any of the elves was to try Demon Hunters and a fire mage I’m leveling since I figured it fits aesthetically and I’m stupid and make my own lore for my characters.

Personally, I enjoy their aesthetic, culture, history and most of all - architecture.

Especially the aesthetic where they enhance & weave a lot of their technology, architecture and nature with magic.

That being said though, some of the other classic-races could be given spotlight if the writing is done right.

I for one would love more story-spotlight shun on Dwarves & the Tauren. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t think the people of the general forums are as hot as you seem to think they are.

Elves are just cool. They have helped shape the world and are shaped by the magic of the world. Also players have been seeing them be cool and do cool things for 30 years at this point in warcraft games.

This is why High elf fans are upset that their desires were “compromised”.

Dark ranger fans have been waiting since WC3 to get back to being edgy waifus.

Frankly why should anyone care about most of the other races?

that’s cool. i imagine 35+years old thicc bois sippin on white monsters :wink:

1 Like

Should I even ask what a white monster is…

its the energy drink with zero sugar zero calories lol - sometimes refered to as the official boomer drink.

now i wonder what you had in mind :wink:

BE racials were only considered really good for one expansion. Arcane torrent came into the spotlight when M+ came out and suddenly an AoE silence and interrupt racial was great for getting things into position.

Funny enough, after they changed it, they just added more situations in which an aoe offensive dispel would be really useful. Like how an entire mechanic on Zul could be negated by having a few blood elves to cast arcane torrent every time the shadow adds came out.

Aside from Torrent we just have 1% crit and arcane damage resistance.

Reasons I chose a void elf for my priest:

• Racial ability which guarantees smooth casting even while getting damaged.
  • The void elf male voice is less annoying (over time) than many other races.
  • The void elf standing animation is more relaxed than many other races.
  • I generally prefer to play alliance as a mostly solo player.

I would love to play a different race if:

• I could customize the voice of my character.
  • All combat-oriented racials were removed/replaced with non-combat-oriented racials.
  • I could customize the proportions of my character (such as skinny Kul Tirans).
1 Like