Why is cross-realm Wintergrasp OK but not LFD?

2 Likes

Major assumption that the servers would be balanced had blizz done xyz. The imbalance we see now it’s largely player driven.

It basically does. Next.

NO! its their way or the highway. we can compromise tho we shouldnt for them its no rdf shut your mouth plebian otherwise well report and have you banned

see you in wrath stop crying your active subscription lets blizzard know your ok with any changes

You mean, you can’t invite your guildies to do a dungeon run if LFD exists? Why is your way of playing more valid than mine?

Funny story i came to this board with a bunch of ideas. RDF for lowbies. for normals. REALM ONLY RDF. CROSS REALM GROUP TOOL.

It’s yall that have spat vitriol and abuse at anything that doesnt give you what you want as soon as you want it, which is kinda why yall like RDF to begin with huh LOLOL

Because blizzard quite litteraly makes the rules and determines what is in the game and not, and in this case deciding youre way is invalid for the game they are trying to develop. and i agree with them. and you disagree, and if the shoe were on the other foot id be pretty upset too.

But this is an either or scenario, including RDF destroys the way you currently engage with groups and player agency.

You know this. I know this. Blizzard knows this.

I’ve literally done this for years on Retail.

It’s all about control and gatekeeping.

3 Likes

Yup its about assembling the party you want. and maybe you should think about why you cant do that assembling, and why that idea is so scary to you.

would u still use it with out the bonus xp and the bonus loot?

Yes, and that lead to retail.

There is literally no extra socialization by manually grouping other than PMing, “inv”.

4 Likes

What’s so scary about letting players CHOSE how they form groups?

4 Likes

This is a strawman. This is not how people normally engage with groups on classic wow, and if this is your anecdote, then maybe (on top of understanding the value of an anecdote) it might illuminate for you WHY you want rdf so badly, what it is about your own personal engagement.

Oh really? I’m physically incapable of inviting people to a group and going to a dungeon on my own? Dang blizzard, that’s diabolical.

1 Like

The do know. RDF takes away that choice. I dont have to prove this to you, you can read it in blizzards design pillars.

Yes. Bonus XP is irrelevant at level 80, and the bonus loot was only really useful at lower levels.

I’d watch out and edit this; this snide type of sarcasm is actually ableism, albeit i do believe you didnt mean it that way

It’s really the only difference in socialization, as when in the group, any talking can be done in RDF too.

I want RDF because it’s convenient, fantastic for leveling alts (so you can actually *do dungeons), and it’s great for getting a number of dungeons done when your guildies aren’t online. It’s also nice for DPS because it removes the awful experience of staring at LFG/BB and instead you can go and do things in the world.

6 Likes

1/10, low effort trolling. Go study up some Bloomsday and come back.

3 Likes