Why is Blizzard lazy with graphics/models?

An engine always have room to grow, even to something possible that the devs didn’t think at the time, like physics or normal maps. Especially since your going to use the same engine over and over again. Is your argument that since it came out from 2004, the engine should reflect that and never change?

Not to mention, how the character models work is a bunch of different body part models, like your 2 variations of a torso, 5 variations of legs and so on, whenever a certain armor piece calls for them, along with the accompanying texture.

How?

So was WoW’s engine back then and Renderware which powered a bunch of popular Ps2 games like Tony Hawk and GTA.

You do realize not all unreal engine games have to look like that and need a massive mega computer from NASA to just to run it, yeah? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I mean look at Spyro Reignited Trilogy, it doesn’t look much better then any of the Ps4 games in terms of graphical fidelity, infact, it might as well be a Ps3 game. But it’s graphical style is pretty damn great, and it’s much different then in the one you showed in that video, because instead of going for a realistic look, it goes for a more cartoon look.

Honestly speaking i would rather play WoW that has Cartoon graphics ala Spyro: RT, then Realistic graphics.

1 Like

lol Yep. I can also remember the issues the game had when they added the 4 extra slots to the backpack…a stupid storage bag - there were issues for days b/c of a simple adding of 4 slots. They’d delayed enlarging it as long as possible b/c they knew it’d cause issues as it was part of the original coding, but they knew they had to do something with it…and when they did - roflmao

Ahhh, fun times. :rofl:

:sparkles:

1 Like

Kul Tiran / thread :laughing:

Speaking of belts, I noticed on my Zanalari troll I can’t wear a belt with a Tabard because where the belt would be is just an invisible space. It looks so tacky.

Point is I wonder if you’re onto something with belts.

1 Like

Oooo, wow, bland generic realism, why have a unique art style when you can look like every generic ftp mmo out there?

I thought it was the opposite. If I have a tabard showing, I feel like I need to have a belt, because that is what covers up the blank spot where the belt would be. On robes, it just stops at the top of the belt slot, so a belt is what I use to break up the weird cutoff created by the abrupt ending of the tabard.

“Okay, design phase over! Time to start making this happen… and it ALL starts with… Backpack.c

When security admins go to hell, they have to debug game code for all eternity.

Cartoony design is nice.
I don’t want to play another “graphically superior” wannabe look like eastern mmo where all the dude look like they climb up the stairs on all 4s to get pizza rolls.

2 Likes

I didn’t know FFXIV borrowed the WoW engine.

1 Like

It’s not the belly on a Panda that makes them unplayable for me, it’s their run animation.

It’s the female panda dance…I have created many a pandaren…once out of the starting area, and I get my objective zone picked out - something in me takes over and it’s /dance until I finally have to log out and delete b/c it’s just so darn cute. :woman_shrugging:

:sparkles:

Oh I beg to differ.

1 Like

You’re right, I’ll reword it.

Players don’t really care like they care about other things Blizz does to the level it makes Blizz act. I suppose I could still be wrong, I just have never seen multiple thousand post threads on customization.

Make your own game. Seriously, you call them lazy? Go make your own game if you think they are lazy because they haven’t done something you think they should be doing.

1 Like

WoW isn’t really a game to play for ‘pretty’ characters imo.

There aren’t many attractive race options, and most of the armor is horrible. Robes have been the same ankle length dress since vanilla.

Lol chill, it’s criticism. Don’t be a Blizzard apologist.

It’s not just that it’s criticism, it’s the idea that the developers are “lazy” is offensive to anyone who actually understands the work that goes into computer programming. If you think you can do a better job then do a better job.

You really think they have not ever cut corners? We have seen multiple examples of Blizzard reusing content/models/ideas over and over.

Purely from business point if view, when your product is a cash cow you want to put in as little money as possible as you know for the most parts the customers will keep paying regardless. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Well, then I look forward to your superior game in the future.