Why I'm quitting BGs as an Alliance player

The only problem with the system today is that it’s not obvious, so people end up thinking like you do.

If you have 150k HP and a guy you’re fighting has 75k HP his spells are amped up and yours are amped down.

Scaling is a thing it’s just not very obvious.

4 Likes

Exactly this.

1 Like

Ok buddy try again , I had to break up link

https :// imgur . com / a / q88sirI

Also guess what i have a warrior that was fresh 120 it was barly noticeable . If you have common sense you wouldnt zerg into huge teamfights without a healer near you . You would play support. It doesnt even take long to go from 260 ivl to 351 in couple days .When you get to ilvl 300 you are more then fine . All i hear is excuses.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

No it diesnt ive seen lesser geared fresh horde plow through some major geared alliance teams .

Skill & teamwork > gear

2 Likes

Who ? Us? Because we actually win and pvp alot as alliance so we disagree ? Is that what you are reffering to ? I would hope not for your sake.

:roll_eyes: yes because i dont win any 10 m or 15 m solo queing . Gimmie a break . lul i hardly run premades good riddance. I win just as much if not way more solo queing then when i play wiff my friends. Its about equal.

Early this expac I was pretty much guaranteed winning my first random and first epic of the day. These days it’s a lot more varied, there’s a lot of games we get destroyed. And gear has nothing to do with it. In fact, I find it odd that people are still complaining if I’m honest.

Or maybe it’s one of those situations where people lose two in a row and assume everything sucks. Losing streaks happen, just buck up and keep playing.

4 Likes

Yea I’ve had 4-6 loss streaks but then have the same win streak. Overall it averages out.

2 Likes

You talk all the time about how you work second shift, so obviously you aren’t usually playing at NA prime time, which is when things are worst for Alliance.

1 Like

I don’t work 7 days a week.

6 Likes

iLvL really only makes a big difference in two ways:

1. Classes that are heavily reliant on certain stats to perform well will tend to suffer at low ilvl’s. Haste and vers tend to be the culprits here. Going from being a fresh 120 to 330/40ish you can easily double or even triple certain stats and for some specs that makes a significant difference.

2. Players with higher ilvl’s tend to be better players. Obviously this isn’t always true, but a lot of the time it is. It comes down to the time spent and experience gained getting the gear, though, not the gear itself.

4 Likes

But that was part of my point. On average the horde teams I played against won over 10% more BGs than my alliance teammates. That’s what’s most disheartening, Blizzard is pairing those who win more against those win less as a baseline for their matchmake. They aren’t even attempting to matchmaking an alliance team who wins just as much as the Horde ones do. All a result of BfA.

4 Likes

And the weekend patterns are different.

In that second BG our numbers were padded by three mercs and it STILL wasn’t high enough to match the Horde’s.

2 Likes

They don’t, and never will, matchmake based on wins. Can you imagine queue times then? Plus armory is overall from all expansion stats. Someone could have an avg of more losses but won more this expansion.

Not only is it not always true, it’s rarely true. Players with the highest ilvls in battlegrounds tend to be mythic raiders, who have great skills in PVE but rather poor skills in PVP. Players with a lot of PVP experience tend to have average gear for battlegrounds.

No. Rated pvpers can match the gear of raiders.

1 Like

Well if they’re not going to do that for their Alliance playerbase then that’s all I need to know as a paying customer only cementing why I won’t play until they make changes. :wastebasket:

2 Likes

They wouldn’t even do this for horde because it’s a silly idea to base matches off armory stats from all expansions.

Why should the expansion matter? You were just claiming that you win a lot because of your skill regardless of the expansion.

It makes sense because out of 14 years, Alliance had only TWO where they dominated.

Win rate objectively represents skill in everything. It’s how we gauge how good a person is at the game. I’m playing with lower skilled players against higher skilled players.

4 Likes