Why I want Wrath Era

So you’re saying vanilla era servers should be shut down?

4 Likes

i’m not saying it should shut down but it will shutdown at some point
only classic following retail steps & “classic+ aka SOD will remains” because both have new things to arrive in future.

Classic Era will exist so long as Blizz is a company and hosts servers. That’s what they’ve said.

Yep and what they’re doing is using it to sandbox random ideas, SoM, HC, SoD etc…

3 Likes

many mistakes were made though, they offer 3 versions of Vanilla yet none for tbc (and soon wrath), adding wow token, instant 80 boosts, glyph changes, tampering with specs, refusing RDF then adding it at the last minute etc

People want to enjoy Wrath but not the poorly handled version of it. 3.3.5 trinity core client runs way smoother than this wrath running on top of Legion thing

1 Like

My first foray into this subject.

I want Wrath Era, mostly because I love the game but detested what Cata did to the world.

The gameplay changes were ok. I much preferred the more difficult dungeons. But my gosh, the world I knew and so enjoyed was just gone.

This is probably pretty weird, but I’ve had a habit for years of going to Kalimdor and the EK most weekends, getting on my ground mount, and riding from one end of the continent to the other. I’d explore along the way, chat with other players, and help out lower levels who asked for or appeared to be in need.

Cata took that away. Everyone else was flying it seemed, and the world was a dismal place.

Yea, I know, things change. But a Wrath Era would leave things the same, and I for one would be there enjoying every moment of it.

Respectfully Blizz, please keep a Wrath server.

5 Likes

come now
Trusting blizzard words? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wrath is the last time old Azeroth is intact.

Cata was an entirely different game.

I fully support Wrath Era.

5 Likes

I do to. I don’t think private servers are the answer either.

3 Likes

Unless I can showhow Import my character into a private server (literally impossible), its not the answer for me.

There is only one answer for me

1 Like

Everyone that honestly wanted a wrath ERA are going to warmane lordaeron realm.

Idk what it’s gonna take for blizz to use the 8 months they have left until cata classic release but if a private server can activate a wrath realm/client within a couple months it should take them about a month with their team to make one.

It’s no excuse a company like this can’t have a wrath or even a TBC era server

For some blizz reasoning context: They are releasing cata a month before the estimated time SoD 60 cap releases. Part of rentention… So they didn’t say “ever” for ERA wrath or TBC. It’s just not in the retention plan. But it’s still no excuse, they’d retain a hell of alot more players if ERA realms open for TBC and Wrath anytime inbetween cata or SoD content. No one is forcing you to play retail and raid every tier between wrath classic, classic ERA vanilla and now SoD raiding…

The excuse they use is splitting the community and feeling the players shouldn’t be forced to worry about progressing/playing all the differen’t versions. But that isn’t a great excuse right now a there are more than 5 versions to play and raid on. Which even 1 to 2 versions can suck alot of time out of people.

TLDR: Blizz just work on ERA TBC/Wrath and quit spitting useless excuses. You don’t have GM’s anyway so don’t worry about bots, they’ve already flooded every version and your semi annual bans aren’t helping.

5 Likes

I think Cata will launch a couple months before August.

I think there’s money in it for Blizzard to launch legacy servers for each expac.

1 Like

what would be interesting to me would be to have one of each expansion server, but make them cross joined. if you are the leveling area of 60-70 you are in the tbc server. if you are 70-80 you are in wotlk server. if you want to go higher, you would go to cata server.

make it so the users can dungeon finder any level, like they have in chromie, but you are limited to the spells and actions in that server. basically need to set your bars one time, and it saves for that level

but give the oppourtunity to lock levels. if you want to stay in wotlk, you can lock yourself at 80, and not move forward.

if you hit cata levels, your original world stays cata.

this way everyone, regardless of what expansion they want, they can stay in, but the servers wouldnt be dead because they are tied together

There isn’t. It’s been done and it failed. Not just in WoW classic servers but other games as well. They have a very short shelf life.

Yall act like dollars aren’t the deciding factor and the data doesn’t lie.

1 Like

THIS. I love the original world. Cata doesn’t appeal to me at all because of the old world changes. When I started at the tail-end of Wrath back in '09, I remember being upset I had to relearn the leveling right after I had been through the old quests a couple of times.

WRATH ERA. DO IT!

4 Likes

I just want wrath arena. I dont want cata. You didnt give me tbc. Let me play arena with the original classes and talent trees you gutless company. Dks are fine. Whatever. Just let me keep playing the og game.

6 Likes

I feel like wrath is good point where they could Era+ everything. Even TBC. Both just feel more balanced then using vanilla…. Like warrior is still the king dps and tank in SoD, and I’m sure that’ll stay true at 60. The old meta will reform despite the game being faceroll easy

3 Likes

You might have felt differently about those changes if you had started in vanilla and had been through those old quests about 40 times. I was happy to have new quests to do.

1 Like

Great news is that it’ll always exist in Classic Era.

1 Like